VERTEX is looking for dynamic, entrepreneurial engineers and scientists who welcome the challenge of being in a leadership role in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, or Orange County California. As a senior professional geologist or civil engineer, you will manage projects to serve multinational, manufacturing, real estate, and energy sector clients to provide a wide range of environmental and engineering services.
VERTEX is a rapidly growing, multi-national consulting firm. We offer a unique business model that focuses on providing unparalleled client service and building loyalty and long-term relationships. We provide a fast-paced atmosphere working on issues that are important in today’s world.
With VERTEX, you will lead projects and manage project teams on a fast-paced schedule, supporting activities in California, the United States, and around the world.
Specific Job Title: Professional Geologist or Professional Civil Engineer with Environmental Focus
- You will lead a team and manage clients and projects
- Conduct due diligence, remediation, and site development support activities
- Deep knowledge and experience working with environmental, health and safety laws and regulations in California, including the Site Mitigation Program, Leaking Underground Storage Tank Program, Porter-Cologne cleanups, and RCRA Corrective Action responses
- Technical skills in environmental investigation design and implementation, fate and transport, risk assessment, remedial action planning and implementation
- Extensive experience in writing technical reports that will be used by clients to make decisions and/or submitted to regulatory agencies for review and action
- Manage subcontractor relationships
- Serve as senior health and safety professional, being a role model in health and safety training, practices, and documentation as well as overseeing all health and safety requirements for project work
- Frequent travel and/or field work
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors. Fluent English writing and spoken communication is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in geology, environmental engineering, or civil engineering
- Professional Geologist or Professional Civil Engineer in California
Knowledge & Skills
- Site remediation
- Phase 1 and Phase 2 environmental site assessments
- Ten years or more of experience in technical activities directly related to environmental assessment or compliance activities, including report writing and field investigation in any of the following areas
- Proven track record of leveraging existing clients and identifying new opportunities to build long-lasting relationships with clients
- High level project management skills, including management of personnel, schedule, cost, and client deliverables
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and manage multiple priorities in a high energy environment, including coordination with clients in multiple time zones globally
- Candidates must be authorized to work in United States
- Professionals with asbestos and lead-based paint certifications for California are highly desired
- Position requires Health & Safety Certification pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 (HAZWOPER 40 Hour)
- OSHA-10 or -30 certification preferred
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain
- Carry field testing equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites with regularity
The Vertex Companies, LLC. - 30+ days ago