WalkerHealthCareIT is seeking a Senior Project Manager for a project in MI. This is a contract position. The Senior Project Manager will be working on-site.
Responsible for initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing complex application and system implementation projects using a formal project management methodology. May manage multiple projects of moderate size concurrently. Involved in the development of strategic plans for projects of high business complexity. Develops detailed plans and schedules. Monitors project metrics for significant deviations in quality, cost, or schedule. Assists in establishing and improving project management methodologies, procedures and policies. Coaches and mentors individuals on the project teams and provides feedback on performance to their leaders. Oversees client/customer relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Wide latitude in determining creative solutions to strategic and operational needs. This position is a Senior Project Manager position in the 'Medicare Advantage Product Development' department. The goal of this position is to manage non-technical projects, of varying complexity levels, related to Medicare Advantage and Medigap product development and Medicare benefits / regulations interpretation.
• 5+ years of experience managing, driving, and organizing projects in Healthcare or a related industry.
• 2+ years of experience acting as a subject matter expert (SME) for Medicare Advantage Product benefits and CMS regulations.
• 1+ year of experience with CMS Bid and PBP submission process.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Health care, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Extensive exposure to health care, including demonstrated experience with Medicare products.
• Assist with implementation and execution plans as they relate to the company's strategic direction for Medicare product.
• Manage projects to triple constraint, facilitate meetings, organize agendas, summarize meeting minutes, and follow up on action items.
• Demonstrate project management skills including:
o Excellent organizational, prioritization and monitoring skills
o Ability to process complex information and communicate in a clear and simple manner.
o Ability to coordinate activities among various departments.
o Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
o Critical analysis and thinking skills.
o Excellent presentation skills.
o Ability to anticipate and resolve barriers and constraints.
o Ability to collaborate with leadership and team members on a regular basis.
o Ability to administer change management.
o Vendor management skills.
o Team spirited and collaborative style.
• Serve as a tactical subject matter expert on Medicare benefit inquiries, communications content and CMS Regulations.
• Relevant experience to assist with annual CMS bid and PBP submissions for the benefit plan year.
• Strong computer skills including Project, Vision, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Relevant experience with broad-based and in-depth understanding of the health insurance industry including product development, business operations, regulatory compliance, performance metrics, project management, and other aspects of the health care operations within a complex industry or regulatory environment.
• High level technical understanding of healthcare systems.
WalkerHealthcareIT Standard Perks
• Weekly pay via Direct Deposit
• W-2 or 1099 options available
WalkerHealthcareIT recruits IT and Healthcare Technology professionals to assist Healthcare organizations with the movement to an integrated health system. We provide experienced contract consultants to help our clients navigate the huge changes that are coming as medicine shifts towards accountable care, electronic health records, and the use of and clinical informatics. We also provide EMR Technology contractors to assist clients with the implementation and administration of their EHR/EMR systems. We provide Contract, Contract-to-Hire and Permanent Placement recruitment services across all Healthcare IT application categories, from core clinical and patient data platforms to complex billing environments including; Ambulatory and Inpatient Systems, Clinical and Revenue Cycle Implementation, Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Financial and Billing Systems.
HealthcareITCentral.com - 11 months ago