AVESTA is seeking a quality, experienced Senior Property Accountant in Tampa, FL
If you are an "A-Player" than we want to hear from you
Send us your resume today
This position is primarily responsible for ensuring all aspects of property accounting for Avesta Homes; performing accounting, analytical, and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of all property financial transactions; mentoring the new Property Accountants. This position is also responsible for providing support to the Accounting Team and for all Avesta Teammates by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide financial information necessary to make sound business decisions thus enhancing the value of our managed assets.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements for properties, including account reconciliations.
- Review property Balance Sheets and Income Statements to verify account balances and assess reasonableness of revenue and expense amounts.
- Prepare monthly financial analysis as directed.
- Ensure accuracy of all general ledger information.
- Maintain cash balances to record deposits.
- Maintain fixed asset database for depreciation and amortization calculations.
- Complete lease analysis and assist in maintenance of tenant ledgers.
- Ensure that all property and tenant information is up to date and correct through lease interpretation and cross-referencing against other property information.
- Serve as point of contact regarding accounting related questions for property & corporate staff.
- Review acquisition documents and record property acquisitions in the accounting & property management systems.
- Record journal entries for month-end close.
To perform this job successfully, and individual should be able to provide direct supervision and mentorship to the subordinate Property Accountant working in the same region as the individual.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Accounting from four-year college or university preferred with one to two years related experience and/or training in property management.
Avesta manages multifamily apartment communities in select markets, with our base in the Tampa Bay area. We promise
a common-sense, respectful approach which upholds the dignity of both applicants and residents. Our strategy is to
provide management that is both personal and professional to every resident, no matter the property size or location. We
manage in a way that dignifies our residents through the regular care of maintenance and contact with our customers
-- the residents. We recognize a higher level of service will make the rental experience better for everyone, and hope that
this helps transform our apartments into homes. We also treat our team members with dignity and respect, caring for
them as our most precious asset. Our team members are the front line to creating something special for our residents.