We are currently seeking candidates for our financial management department.
The Senior Property Accountant has overall financial responsibility for a portfolio of buildings. The PA works closely with property managers and boards to understand a building’s financial goals and needs. The PA works with other disciplines within accounting in accomplishing their tasks. They prepare annual budgets, monthly financial reports and special analyses. They address building needs such as cash flow, banking relationships, taxes and commercial leases. They also oversee the annual audit process.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Requirements: 3-5 years of property accounting experience with a third party residential management firm. Must have energy and ability to multi-task. Strong analytical, organization and communication skills are required. Candidates must have superior writing skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows environment necessary. BJ Murray experience preferred. Bachelor's degree desired.
- Financial statement reporting, preparing monthly gross potential rent, vacancy and allowance schedules and reconcile to G/L; reconcile A/R and A/P subsidiary ledgers to G/L; prepare operating expense and income accruals; reconcile cash batch history and check register to G/L; forecast operating income and expenses.
- Prepare budgets supporting schedules for payroll, income, escalations, etc; enter budgets into MRI as submitted by building manager.
- Verifying tenant charges and accuracy of monthly rent bills by comparing least abstracts and supporting documentation for additional charges; prepare real estate tax escalation schedules and tenant billings; prepare operating expense escalation schedules and tenant billings.
- Review cash application reports for tenant deposits.
- Assist in preparation of monthly work papers and year-end work papers for auditors.
Required experience: 2 - 5 years
Minimum required education: Bachelor's Degree
Job category: Accounting, Insurance & Finance