Senior Property Accountant
Position Summary :
The Senior Property Accountant is responsible for preparing; processing, reviewing and evaluating the financial transactions concerning his/her assigned properties. The purpose of this position is to ensure the accuracy of all financial data related to those properties and to recommend actions which will enhance the financial performance of the properties. This position reports directly to the Portfolio Controller.
Essential Functions :
- Receive emergency check requests, ensures available cash, proper backup and approvals are in place and submits for processing.
- Responsible for emailing available cash reports to the person responsible for accounts payable at each property.
- Completes deposit tickets for property deposits received in the Boston office.
- Reconciles the gross potential rent each month for Fixed GPR properties.
- Tracks receipt of Negative Charge Reports
- Enters bad debt for each property as requested and approved by the Senior/Regional Vice President and Portfolio Controller.
- Reviews Monthly Posting Report and communicates to the Site any issues
- Prepares and records each property’s journal entries.
- Responsible for recording each property’s monthly data processing error reports (DPE’s).
- Reconciles each property’s bank statements.
- Reviews monthly financial statements for accuracy prior to the month end closing.
- Reconciles Escrows and Replacement Reserve Accounts monthly
- Prepares the audit work paper package for each assigned property.
- Enters the year-end accruals for each property.
- Establishes bad debt allowance based on policy.
- Enters any audit adjustments into Yardi and ties out Equity.
- Prepares a semi-annual escrow analysis.
- Pays each property’s management fee monthly.
- Pays each property’s mortgage.
- Prepares a budget package for each property.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly the subsidiary records of the following reports and comparing them to the General Ledger:
- Account Receivable Aging Report.
- Accounts Payable Aging Report.
- Security Deposit Summary Report.
- Responsible for paying the Real Estate taxes.
- Responsible for paying the insurance for each property.
- Completes a monthly checklist for their portfolio.
- Responsible for all internal and external wire requests.
- Performs special assignments as needed, or as requested by the Portfolio Controller or Senior Vice President Accounting
Job Requirements :
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits
- 3-5 year of accounting experience
- BA in Accounting
- Proficient in Excel
- Yardi experience a plus
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized owner, developer and manager of real estate. Our company is over three thousand employees strong, with a presence in 23 states.
We emphasize innovative thinking, value each employee as an individual and offer the chance to share in our dedication to quality and drive for excellence.
WinnCompanies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. We are incredibly diverse with 47% of our workforce comprising of women or minorities. Here, you'll enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package in addition to strong career potential in a progressive and growing company.
We offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits; in addition to a generous 401(k) plan that includes a 100% vested employer match upon hire.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace.
Learn more about us at, www.winnco.com
WinnResidential - 10 months ago