POSITION PURPOSE -
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- This position is responsible for interpreting legal documents to determine the company's appropriate property tax liability and establishing the appropriate payment method, assisting in valuation management, performing tax perorations for all acquisitions and dispositions, ensuring SOX404 compliance, and filing the business personal property tax returns.
NATURE AND SCOPE -
- Performs the research of all personal property and real estate tax issues regarding; personal property audits, compliance, lease audits and tax valuations; responsible for timely and accurate filing of personal tax renditions
- Interacts with corporate accounting, legal department and real estate accounting to gather pertinent information regarding; real estate closing documents, property leases, fixed asset data, inventory figures and leased equipment
- Monitors tax appraisal notices and files protests to maximizing appeal opportunities or works with outside consultants, as needed , to manage valuation process
- Negotiates personal property tax audit assessments and real estate tax assessment values. Reviews month-end close for accuracy and SOX404 compliance
- Assists in the planning of strategies for minimization of property tax expense. Assists in the preparation of annual real estate and personal property budgets
- Assists in managing outside vendors/consultants
- Works closely with Tax Specialists and Staff Accountants to enhance their property tax knowledge
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Typically reports to Tax Manager
- No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the technical leadership of a project work team: may select team members and assess capabilities, provide technical training, provide information necessary to meet work, project or program objectives, evaluate program or project performance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
- Must be eighteen years of age or older
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 3
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- Experience in tax preparation, tax filing, tax compliance, tax review, tax research, and tax audit management experience is preferred.
- Typically requires knowledge and application of theories and principles of tax law, accounting and tax cycles
- Typically requires some knowledge of Home Depot's systems and their relationship with other areas of the SSC as well as stores
- Typically requires analytical, organization, project management, communication and people management skills
- Typically requires strong computer skills (Access, Word, Excel and IBM)
Home Depot - 13 months ago
The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer service and...