The Senior Proposal Manager is responsible for leading, planning, scheduling, and overseeing winning proposals in response to Federal RFPs, RFQs, and Task Order/Delivery Order Requests. The Senior Proposal Manager will work closely with Capture Management and Business Development to develop and implement the overall winning strategy, and then manage the Proposal Team, including engineering, teaming partners, and consultants, culminating with the successful submission of winning proposals. The Senior Proposal Manager will have responsibility for writing the Executive Summary and writing other proposal sections as needed.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
Specific responsibilities include:
- Experience developing and managing large, complex proposal efforts for information technology products and engineering services ($10M+ Task or Delivery Orders and/or $1B+ single/multiple award contracts, including IDIQ contracts; successful experience with all types highly desirable).
- Experience developing and implementing proposal strategies, including discriminators, win themes, and graphics.
- Experience facilitating inputs from multiple sources including engineering, teammates, and consultants.
- Experience leading and recovering from color reviews (Pink, Red, and Gold).
- Experience writing/editing/proofing/producing complete, correct, compliant, and compelling proposal responses.
- Experience planning and managing a schedule with a commitment to on-time delivery
- Ability to quickly and accurately analyze a solicitation and prepare all required proposal management artifacts (schedule, outline, compliance matrix, data calls, etc.)
- Ability to manage and lead diverse teams.
- Ability to help authors draft compliant responses that clearly and persuasively articulate the proposed solutions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio).
- Ensuring 100% compliance with all proposal instructions, evaluation criteria, and other solicitation requirements.
- Analyzing the solicitation documents to determine the appropriate proposal responses for Technical, Management, Cost/Price, Contracts, Past Performance, and other proposal volumes.
- Preparing and managing the proposal schedule, including the production schedule.
- Preparing the proposal outline (including the annotated outline).
- Developing or directing the development of the compliance matrix.
- Developing data calls.
- Conducting/leading kickoff meetings and results-driven status meetings.
- Implementing discriminators and win themes developed in conjunction with the Capture and Business Development teams.
- Writing and editing responses as needed.
- Shipley best practices
- Proposal Management Systems (Virtual Proposal Center preferred)