The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Psychometrician who will design, conduct, and manage research efforts to support various College Board assessment programs, most notably the PSAT/NMSQT and SAT programs. This position will preferably be located in a College Board office with New York and Newtown, PA being primary locations.
The position will provide psychometric support to both programs, including review and approval of equating plans, support for state-level contracts, and other general psychometric support. Psychometric support could include the development of equating and scaling plans for new assessments, senior review and approval of item analysis reports using both classical and item response theory models, and review and approval of test documentation materials.
- Provide psychometric support to College Board programs — possibly including the review, approval, and development of equating and scaling plans — support for state-level contracts, and other general psychometric support.
- Participate in internal College Board meetings and ensure that Research & Psychometrics requirements are met to ensure the reliability, validity, and fairness of new and existing assessment programs.
- Design and conduct research studies to support College Board research. Research design will involve multilevel and/or causal modeling, experimental, and quasi-experimental methodologies.
- Manage vendors and other external researchers conducting psychometric analyses and research regarding the maintenance of existing College Board programs and the development new programs.
- Design, conduct, and/or manage studies to evaluate the validity of College Board programs.
- Write and/or review technical and research reports involving psychometric analyses, test validity, and reliability. Present findings to both technical and non-technical audiences as research dictate.
- Prepare memos, presentations, and research reports for both internal and external audiences to explain research results. Present findings to both technical and non-technical audiences as research dictate.
- Provide senior review and mentorship for other Research & Psychometrics staff in the development, execution, and writing of research reports.
- Assist in the item calibration plans for College Board assessment programs as needed.
Doctorate in psychometrics, educational research, educational measurement or a related field is required. Five or more years of experience beyond the PhD required.
Related Skills & Other Requirements :
- Experience in working with large datasets and assessment data.
- Experience in equating and scaling of large-scale assessment programs.
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct research studies and complex statistical analyses.
- Experience in working with item response theory, including 1, 2, and 3 parameter models.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent organizational, managerial, and consultation skills.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues of various professional backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including public speaking, interpersonal and public relations skills, and writing and editing skills.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by visiting our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers . Please search for the job title and submit your resume with a brief, introductory cover letter.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
From dunce to dean's list, there are three letters every high school student must learn: S, A, and T (those on the dean's list...