We're looking for a
Senior Public Relations Manager
We are seeking a smart, dynamic self-starter to join our Marketing Communications team and help us drive mindshare of Cornerstone OnDemand, the world’s fastest growing public cloud company. Leading organizations such as Starwood Hotels & Resorts, The Neiman Marcus Group, Save the Children and Pinkberry use our talent management software to recruit, manage, develop and engage their employees. We had one of the more successful IPOs of 2011, and now we are looking to propel our communications initiatives to the next level.
Strong project management, writing and communications skills, a proven media relations track record, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities are essential to this role. Ideal candidates are big-picture, strategic thinkers with a passion for technology and who will bring high levels of creativity and enthusiasm to the position. This is a hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” kind of role; candidates must be willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Knowledge of SaaS, cloud computing, B2B software, and/or the learning and HR space are preferred. This position reports to the Director of Marketing Communications and is based out of our Santa Monica, Calif. headquarters.
Required Skills and Experience
- Develop, manage and execute PR/corporate communications strategies and initiatives for the company and its software and services
- Interact regularly and develop relationships with the company’s senior executives, business partners and clients
- Manage daily media relations activities, including pitch development, outreach, relationship building, spokesperson management and more
- Provide support for industry analyst and influencer relations
- Develop, write and edit various types of marketing communications content, such as press releases, bylined articles and blog posts
- Manage Cornerstone’s speakers bureau, including booking and coordination of speaking opportunities and development of presentation content
- Participate in the company’s social media channels and engage various community members
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or a related field
- 5-8 years of PR/corporate communications experience, with at least 1 year of PR agency experience
- Results-driven, operates well under pressure, and is fearless in setting and managing expectations
- Proven ability to support multiple business units and engage with senior leadership
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, organizational and project management skills with strong attention to details
- Ability to distil several ideas into compelling messaging and positioning
- Passion for media relations; established relationships with business and technology media/bloggers
- Experience working with blogs and social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Brilliant creative thinker who can translate big ideas into successful campaigns that drive results
- In-depth knowledge of all public relations practices, technologies and resources
- Must have the ability to work in an open, collaborative, high energy environment
- Must be an enthusiastic, flexible team player with a positive attitude and a sense of humor
Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc. - 17 months ago
At Cornerstone OnDemand, our mission is to empower people around the world with on-demand, integrated talent management software and...