City, State: Indianapolis, IN
Location: Ascension Health Ministry Service Center
Department: Ministry Service Center Manage Requisitions and Purchasing
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Days
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center serves our clients, delivers value and enables new possibilities for our health ministries throughout the US. Join us and you'll find an organization with a higher mission.
We respond to an ever-changing workplace by building a community of associates that are flexible, creative and innovative. We reward them with respect and recognition. We seek balance in our work and in our lives, and encourage spirituality in the workplace. Every associate at Ascension Health is unique and comes to us with different needs. We strive to have the programs in place that meet those needs.
The Sr. Purchasing Specialist is responsible for executing day-to-day activities related to managing and recording requisitions and purchase orders. These must be processed in accordance with guidelines and internal controls. The Senior Purchasing Specialist is also responsible for ensuring transactions and client requests are handled in a manner that meets service levels and achieves client satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
- Interacts with External and Internal Customers, Vendors
- Ensure efficient processing of requested services, fewer errors, and higher compliance and savings realization
- Convert Services, Bill-Only, and Item Master requisitions to Purchase Orders, as well as processing Stat Buy Orders
- Resolve PO discrepancies—including pricing, quantity, and shipping issues. Process orders and escalates to System Office when opportunities of "unsourced” spend are not identified
- Act as an agent of Ascension Health in vendor interactions, including pricing approval (within stated guidelines) and substitute item approval.
- Execute timely, independent decisions and determine appropriate course of action based upon best practice and external customer requirements
- On hand to answer all of the requisitioners process and order-related questions
- Perform Level 2 Customer Service Support on Supply Chain Services and PeopleSoft Information (Inquiries, Reports, Communication)
- Understand and apply procure to pay processes, policies, procedures and internal control standards
- Successfully handle most non-routine issues, escalate issues that cannot be resolved to management
- Requires minimal supervision to manage and direct daily activities and is able to meet published deadlines for activities
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with targets
- Plan and organize work so the Service Level Agreement (SLA) objectives are realized
- Prioritize critical supply issues in a timely manner and process accordingly
- Adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team
- Recognize and communicate potential issues to his/her supervisor as appropriate
- Contribute ideas and actions towards the continuous improvement of Procure to Pay related processes within area of influence
- Self starter who is performance and quality oriented
- Performs responsibilities and makes decisions in full compliance with standards, policies, and procedures
- Conduct one-on-one training with newly-hired associates and ensure all procedures, processes and performance standards are properly communicated and understood.
- Assist Purchasing Supervisor in ensuring that all required Purchasing activities for their assigned team are attended to on a daily basis
- Assist Purchasing Supervisor with evaluating their team members’ performance
- Maintain positive work relationships with members of other teams in the Ministry Service Center to communicate effectively and to ensure compliance with cross-team responsibilities
- Assist in ensuring efforts of the Purchasing team support building strong Health Ministry relationships
- Assist in establishing and maintaining strong, collaborative relationships with and external customers to identify additional ways to be of service and ensure customer satisfaction
How to Apply
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate degree in business or management-related field OR four years related experience preferred
- One year of related Purchasing/Procurement experience required
- Minimum of three years of related Purchasing/Procurement experience preferred
- Experience in the healthcare industry strongly preferred
- Experience in shared services/internal service delivery role preferred
- Highly developed analytical skills—including familiarity with databases and query-building—preferred
- Experience working with ERP Contracting and/or Procurement module(s), preferably in PeopleSoft preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) required
- Demonstrated record of client service and satisfaction
If you are interested in joining the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center Team, please apply by completing an online application.
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-992-4672 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST M-F.
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ascension Health Ministry Service Center is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
A Member of Ascension Health - 8 months ago