Mountain View, CA, based well-funded fast growing established startup company, leader in mobile video communications services, is looking for an Senior Software QA engineer to focus on mobile clients (iOS and Android based) testing.
You are a passionate engineer and love making perfectly oiled systems for people to enjoy. You love your current job, but you are curious about everything. You canâ€™t miss this opportunity to meet the team and discover what they do as it may give you a chance to advance your career to a new level.
The company is building high performance servers and clients on a wide variety of platforms. Their product enables people to connect with friends and stay closer to family around the world in a way that is fun, easy, spontaneous, and fits the moment. And, on top of this, the companyâ€™s software is becoming a new type of a social platform tightly integrated with the multitude of video service offerings.
The company provides excellent salaries, top benefits, and stock options packages on top of a sizzling environment of a Silicon Valley startup.
- Contribute to the testing strategy for the client applications
- Test new releases on mobile handsets (focus on iPhone and Android)
- Prepare and update test plans
- Coordinate with Development to resolve issues
- Suggest ways to preemptively avoid bugs
- Collaborate with Server testing
- Build tools and utilities
- Desire to play a key role in a cool growing startup company
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Experience testing of consumer-facing applications
- Experience with Linux or similar systems and command-line tools knowledge
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Exceptional attention to details
- At least some experience working as a hands-on QA Engineer on Android and/or iPhone mobile applications
- BS/MS in CS/CE/EE or equivalent
- Strong experience with embedded systems products in consumer markets
- Audio, video, codec testing experience
- Strong programming skills: Java, C++, Python
- Software development background
- iPhone or Android development and/or testing experience
- Test Automation Framework design and implementation experience
- Thorough understanding of Macintosh and Windows
- Experience with networking code, distributed systems
- Log files parsing experience
- Experience with SVN and continuous integration
- WiFi and 3G testing experience
- Experience working with Jabber servers
- Experience with Linux / Unix server testing