With our strong investment in research and development, and culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of industrial fabrics and composite materials. Over 4,500 people work for Hexcel at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centres around the globe……we call them our “ Strength Within "
Hexcel is currently seeking a Senior QA Engineer for our Casa Grande, AZ. operation. The Senior QA Engineer will be responsible for the following Quality Department functions at the Casa Grande site as well as multiple quality engineering functions including but not limited to heading up the Supplier Quality program, leading and improving the Specification Review System, and participating in Continual Improvement Projects that utilize Lean concepts and Six Sigma principles. Will be responsible for and lead the AS9100 C based Internal Audit Program. Will participate and be Quality’s voice as well as provide guidance to Product and Process Design efforts to identify, review, and verify Design inputs for new products as well as capital equipment rebuilds. The position will assist in leading an ever improving Management of Change process. Frequently interfaces with customers and suppliers.
The selected individual will be responsible for the following efforts:
- Participate in continual improvement projects using Lean, and Six Sigma methodology to achieve the organizations goals. Participation will include up to four projects a year that will lead to significant bottom line savings.
- Participate in new product and process designs to insure that quality characteristics are properly defined, and interpreted for new products and processes. Assist in identification of sources of design inputs and how they translate into design concepts such as Robust Design, or Design for Six Sigma. Identify and apply various evaluations and tests to qualify and validate the design of new products and processes to not only ensure their fitness for use, but also their manufacturability.
- Supplier Quality – Heading up and improving the Supplier Quality program. Communicate regularly and frequently with Suppliers organizations. Work effectively with suppliers and assure Hexcel requirements are understood and implemented. Communicate directly; supporting company needs while maintaining the utmost personal integrity. Create/improve and administer supplier scorecard metrics and work with suppliers on improvement plans as needed. Visit supplier sites on a regularly scheduled basis to administer audits and review corrective action effectiveness. During these visits, provide scorecard reviews and applicable training offerings in 8D Problem Solving, Lean and or Six Sigma methodologies if and when needed.
- Lead the Specification review process. Analyze technical requirements of specifications including testing requirements, and provide recommendations and pertinent comments to negotiate the optimum outcome for Hexcel and their Customers. Use SmarTeam software to build an automated Specification Work Flow aimed to improve the overall review cycle time and to provide a controlled specification repository.
- As needed, participate in daily QRB activities to review and process discrepancy tags.
- Create and maintain quality documentation when required by customer or internal system.
- Know and apply all applicable customer specifications and procedural requirements as needed.
- Know and follow all applicable internal quality procedural requirements.
- Conduct internal and external audits as required.
- May supervise one or more hourly, salaried non-exempt, or salaried exempt Quality Assurance personnel. Leads direct reports in the pursuit of all essential duties and responsibilities. Mentors, trains, and reviews direct reports’ job performance
- Maintain a safe, clean and secure work environment. Actively support and interact in monthly and/or plant refresher safety training using available resources and prescribed goals to determine and subsequently help eliminate actual and potential safety issues, unsafe acts and/or conditions to preclude accidents, to keep Hexcel employees safe, and to achieve the Department/Plant and/or Corporate Safety goals and objectives.
- Operate at all times in compliance with the Hexcel Casa Grande Quality System and Quality Policy.
- Comply with Hexcel policies, procedures, and Code of Business Conduct.
Eligible candidate must be: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence, a temporary resident under sections 210(a) or 245(A) of the Act, a person admitted in refugee status, a person granted asylum. Hexcel is a NYSE listed international producer of composite materials, reinforcements and structures serving commercial aerospace, space & defense, and various industrial markets. The company is a leader in the production of honeycombs, prepegs and other fiber reinforced matrix systems, woven and specialty reinforcements, carbon fibers and aircraft structures. Hexcel materials are used in thousands of products, making everyday life easier and safer for millions of people around the world. The lightweight, tailorable nature of our materials has helped transform numerous industries over the past 60 years by making products lighter, stronger and faster. We are the strength within many of today’s lightweight, high-performance products.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or other Engineering discipline required.
- Prefer ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification or Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification from a credible institution, or willingness to obtain that certification within 2 years of appointment.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years’ work experience as a Quality Engineer in a manufacturing environment or Supplier Quality Organization.
- Proven ability to interface with customers and suppliers is essential.
- Understanding of Quality Systems with working knowledge of AS9100, ISO9001, and Nadcap requirements.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interaction skills to apply with employees from all levels of the organization.
- Supervision experience is desirable.
- Prefer experience with new product introduction and Design for Six Sigma methods.
- Must be computer literate. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and proficient in the use of Minitab or other equivalent software.
Hexcel Corporation - 12 months ago
Hexcel Corporation (Hexcel) is an advanced composites company. Hexcel develops, manufactures and markets lightweight, high-performance...