Live Gamer, Inc. is looking for a Mid-level QA Engineer to join our small QA Team. The ideal candidate will have expertise in black, gray, and white box testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools, experience in startup environments, and the ability to operate within short release cycles. The QA Engineer will own testing for a significant percentage of our product line.
- Perform a wide variety of user interface, API, backend, and Selenium-based testing, both manual and automated.
- Write test plans from product specifications.
- Write test suites using scripting languages and automation frameworks (Selenium).
- Execute black, gray, and white box test cases in a multi-platform cross browser environment and against platform APIs
- Plan, develop, and implement testing strategies and quality standards.
- Identify and champion key quality and performance issues.
- Participate in release management and certification activities.
- Interact with key customers, validating issues they have reported and making sure that their concerns are well represented within the company.
- Minimum 3+ years of QA experience with commercial software development teams.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with an automation scripting tool, preferably Selenium.
- Thorough understanding of QA methodology with a history of successful execution.
- Experience in manual and automated functional testing of web based applications.
- Familiarity with relational database concepts, including hands-on SQL experience.
- Good understanding of web architecture and technologies.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent problem solving and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and manage continuously changing business needs.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
We know that our employees are our most valuable resource, and we provide them with competitive compensation, great benefits, and stock options.
- Significant startup experience
- Experience with performance and scalability testing of web applications.
- Experience in testing APIs and supporting external partner integration with APIs
- Experience with Linux-based systems.
- Experience and comfort with Agile/Scrum software development methodology.
- Experience with SaaS platforms and products.
Live Gamer, Inc. - 21 months ago