As a QA Engineer you will work as part of a team responsible for debugging NetApp software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for NetApp products. The team also develops, modifies, and executes software test plans; analyzes and writes test standards and procedures; maintains documentation of results; and consults with development engineers in resolution of problems. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. This position requires and individual who is creative, team-oriented, technology savvy, and able to take a leadership role, to drive produce results.
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for the methodology, analysis, design, architecture, and development of functional/regression automated testing solutions using Rational Functional Tester Automation tool
Responsibility and Interaction:Responsibility:
- Analyze end user testing requirements.
- Design and Architect modular and reusable automated testing solutions that satisfy testing requirements.
- Develop functional/regression automated test solutions using data driven techniques.
- Develop custom libraries to support automated testing solutions.
- Design a solid automation framework where test scripts are reusable and easily maintained.
- Perform identification and implementation of the automation framework, environment, approach, and methodologies which will be used for automated testing.
- Develop detailed documentation to support the automation effort.
- A major part of your responsibility you will be to lead and participate as part of a team responsible for:
- Gathering test requirements
- Preparing test matrics/reports
- Test summaries
- Ability to read and understand software and/or hardware design specifications.
- Participate in design reviews and make recommendations for product improvements.
- You will participate in technical communications within the team and with other groups associated with specified projects.
- A willingness to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals. Job Requirements Job Requirements Requirements (listed in order of priority)
- Recent Java experience (preferred) or Object Oriented Programming (OOP) for at least 4 years.
- Rational Functional Tester (RFT) or other automation development experience for at least 1 years
- Manual testing experience for 3 to 5 years
- Skilled in network testing and troubleshooting. Experience with network diagnostic and traffic simulation tools is a plus
- Testing of server side as well as client side
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team of other engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills.
- Experience in software testing, documentation and process improvement.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices.
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation.
- Uses judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for successful results.
- Ability to develop longer-range project plans and schedules for individual, or work for a small team.
- The tasks this individual is responsible are often unstructured and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation.
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
- This individual must work effectively with staff to vice-president level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
- Limited supervision and direction is provided, as this individual can operate, drive results and set priorities independently.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert.
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and influencing others. Education and Experience Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience is required. 8 to 10 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects. Posting Category Software Engineering Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - Massachusetts - Waltham Requisition Number 19046BR
NetApp - 13 months ago
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....