• You will be playing a key role in building our comprehensive social media marketing and analytics platform.
• You will take leadership of planning and execution of test plans, using both manual and automated testing approaches.
• You will get to learn many exciting technologies and working with many external vendor APIs, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, FourSquare, Tumblr, Instagram to name just a few.
• You will be a key person for our QA plans, facilitating bug triage and helping engineers identify and fix issues.
• You will grow with us, helping Viralheat become and sustain its leadership status in the marketplace.
Participate in the Agile process as the key QA representative and makes sure that all new features are tested and have automated tests.
Perform hands-on testing of web applications including service and data access layers.
Collaborate with development engineers to determine the best test approach for new and existing functionality.
Plan and facilitate test effort for assigned features, including feature tests, automation and scale tests.
Contribute automated tests to the test framework.
Analyze test failures and provide detailed summaries of UI artifacts, error logs and database queries to aid the development engineers in further analysis.
Become a subject matter expert and go-to technical resource for the QA team and the overall development team.
Experience as a QA Engineer in a start-up/Agile environment, leadership experience preferred
Working knowledge in writing automated testing scripts in Python, Ruby or other scripting languages, using Selenium, Capybara and similar frameworks.
Working knowledge in Linux/Unix command line tools and SQL queries.
Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Hudson.
Experience with frameworks such as Rails or Sinatra.
Experience with SAAS applications and deployment.
Experience with REST APIs.
Experience with OAuth and integration with social media platforms, e.g. Facebook/Twitter.
Understanding of web application security standards.
Performance and Load testing experience.
Must be based in the Bay Area
- Competitive salary + medical/dental benefits
- Snacks/drinks in the office
- Lively work environment
- Company retreats
- Startup environment – in the truest sense of the words
Viralheat is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.