Bexil American Mortgage is a Start-up National Mortgage Banking firm based in San Diego, CA led by a seasoned group of mortgage professionals. We need strong candidates with a successful track record looking to be part of creating a dynamic organizational culture to join our team and help us achieve national success.
- Analyze selected loans for adherence to Investor, Agency and Bexil guidelines, review Legal Documents, compliance with Regulatory requirements, assess data integrity, determine if LQI requirements were met and perform accurate assessment of finding severity and loan repurchase/salability risk
- Accurately record file results for data collection and reporting purposes
- Accurately assess adequacy and compliance of documentation and decisioning on FHA and VA loans
- Effectively identify, research and mitigate loan and pattern level fraud
- Perform reviews on Third Party Originators, identifying overall risk and summarizing patterns and trends effectively
- Conduct or request re-verifications, evaluate impact and record results
- Order and review other products such as LoanSafe, SSN, 4506T results, AVMs, etc.
- Meet production and quality standards for position
- Review Investor requests (including repurchases and indemnifications), coordinate communication (internal and external) and make recommendations as to actions and next steps
- Regular verbal and written communication with Senior Management, QA Manager and co-workers
- Develop and Maintain desk procedures
- Assist Manager with development of QA policies and procedures
- Assist Manager with department service levels, enhancements and training
- Perform Special Projects as assigned
Required Knowledge and Experience (level of expertise and comprehension of principles, facts, and subject matter):
- 5+ years underwriting experience, including U/W appraisal reviews
- FHA DE and VA LAPP/SAR for at least 3 years
- Fully competent to underwrite A and A- products, Subprime, Govt
and Correspondent, including government loans, 1 st and 2 nd
mortgages, SE borrowers, investment properties and jumbo loans – has held
signature authority up to $500K
- Trained or experience in Fraud Detection
- Computer literate: Proficient
in use of MS Word, Excel and databases such as MS Access
- Prefer 1 year audit experience
- Prefer 7 to 10 years mortgage lending experience
Required Skills and Abilities (proficiency; abilities acquired from knowledge, practice and understanding):
- Superior Interpersonal Skills :
Communicates clearly, delivering messages with desired results; listens
effectively; builds rapport, and relates well with others; effectively provides
information needed to perform successfully and align with the goals of the
organization; effective written and verbal communication skills; understands
importance of frequent and effective communication. Able to concisely convey
file defects in a factual way. Politically astute. Ability to interact easily with all levels within the organization; tactful; mature. High level of collaboration and influencing skills required.
- Adaptability and Flexibility: Must be open to change and new information,
flexibly and willingly adapting behavior or work methods in response to new
information and changing conditions. Readily and willingly adapts work
processes and/or gains and applies new knowledge and skills as underwriting
standards and guidelines change, technologies change and the industry/market
- Decision Making: Makes decisions willingly. Makes sound, informed, objective and timely decisions. Perceives the impact and implications of decisions. Support and explains reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate
people in decision-making process. Ability to discern between minor and significant risk factors.
- Attention to detail: is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attention to detail.
Attributes (qualities or characteristics needed for successful performance):
- Integrity: Is widely trusted. Is seen as a direct, truthful individual who uses sound judgment and operates with the highest ethical standards. Can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner. Keeps confidences. Admits mistakes. Represents oneself and the company honestly.
- Interpersonal strength: Shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, concern and politeness to others. Develops and maintains effective relationships with others. Relates well to people from varied backgrounds and different situations. Maintains confidentiality. Responds well to others’ ideas.
- Motivation: Sets and achieves challenging goals. Measures self against a high standard of excellence, steadfastly pushing self and others for results. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Teamwork: Encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, trust and group identity. Fosters commitment and team spirit. Develops and maintains effective relationships with others. Responds well to others’ ideas. Works well with others to achieve goals, putting the team’s success above own interests.