Locaiton: Chicago, IL
1WorldSync manages the world’s product data so that companies can share trusted product information with each other and with consumers, driving business and convenience for everyone, all around the world. With more than 15,000 customers across 54 countries, 1WorldSync is the industry leader in global product data management and data pool solutions certified for the Global Data Synchronization Network™ (GDSN®).
With offices in the Americas, Asia Pacific, and Europe, 1WorldSync can meet the product data management needs of any trading partner in any industry, combining global reach with local knowledge and support.
1WorldSync supports GS1 Standards, the global standards for identifying, capturing, and sharing product information. 1WorldSync is the exclusive technology and service provider for 19 GS1 Member Organizations and partner companies worldwide.
As the Senior Quality Assurance Analyst you are responsible for planning and executing tests of assigned applications to ensure they meet requirements and the functionality is fit for customer use. You must identify system defects, cause of defects and works with various Technology Delivery teams for resolution. In the role of Quality Assurance Analyst you will also identify critical and high risk components of the system, defines testing priorities, estimates testing efforts and balances work against available testing resources.
The senior role functions as the lead liaison between Sr. Analysts/Analysts to identify testing needs. You will also review the deliverables of the QA Analysts to ensure deliverables are in accordance with the overall quality goals as well as follow the guidelines and principles adopted for QA test plan & test scripts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works independently and leads QA testing cycle from planning to delivery.
- Translates Functional Requirements Specifications into detailed test plans and test scripts, and performs system testing.
- Follows the guidelines and principles adopted for QA test plan & test scripts (e.g. adherence to the use of templates, completeness of test plans & test scripts, correctness of testing methods, follow project methodology, etc.)
- Demonstrates expert level knowledge of assigned application(s).
- Identifies system defects, the cause of defects and works with the Technology Delivery team for resolution. Shares’ learning’s for future design considerations.
- Ensures application(s) meets the requirements specifications and the functionality is fit for use by the customer.
- May work closely across the Technology Engineering, Technology Delivery and Infrastructure teams by proper communication of defects and analysis of their causes.
- Identifies and manages risks with timely reporting and escalation of such risks and issues to management and the Technology Engineering and Technology Delivery teams.
- Prepare a weekly quality status report across all projects.
- Work with the manager to plan allocation of resources on all projects
- Reviews the deliverables of the QA Analysts to ensure that deliverables are in accordance with the overall quality goals as well as follow the guidelines and principles adopted for QA test plan & test scripts (e.g. adherence to the use of templates, completeness of test plans & test scripts, correctness of testing methods, follow project methodology, etc.)
- Lead the design, development & implementation of QA automation framework
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Administration / Bachelor of Science
- Supply Chain and eBusiness experience preferred
- 6+ years testing complex information systems which encompass the full project lifecycle (Requirements Definition, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Support) utilizing both Waterfall and Agile delivery methodologies.
- Extensive experience testing and implementing SaaS and SOA solutions, utilizing Java, Unix/Linux & Oracle technology stack.
- 2+ years’ experience in developing web-based applications.
- 2+ years’ experience with RDBMS and SQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Extensive experience testing and working with SaaS and SOA solutions, utilizing Java, UNIX/Linux & Oracle technology stack.
- Experience with Test Automation tools and technologies is required
- Open to accepting and providing mentoring and coaching
- Proven ability building a collaborative environment and being an effective team player.
- Understanding of GS1 Standards and Global Data Synchronization Network processes is a plus.
- Self-starter and takes the initiative to learn all operations, processes and technology for assigned application(s)
1WorldSync - 23 months ago