The Senior Quality Assurance (“QA”) Analyst participates
directly in defining, leading and implementing software test guidelines and
The Senior QA Analyst analyzes
business, technical and functional requirements transferring them into supporting
test plans and executes those test plans while adhering to software test
guidelines and standards.
The Senior QA
Analyst will participate as a project team member with Business Analysts,
Developers and Business Partners and will provide direction and support to an
extended team of on- and offsite QA Analysts.
- Define software validation process, guidelines and
- Generate metrics for assessing software quality and evaluate
- Administer configuration control system for product
development tools software.
oversight during software release ensuring internal or external customers’
acceptance of requirements and success criteria.
- Administer and control problem-tracking database and oversee
defect process resolution.
- Contribute to process improvements by developing and/or
updating written company or departmental procedures related to software
development based upon industry standard quality assurance best practices.
- Promote a structured software development process.
Assure a state of control is maintained for
in-house and outsourced software development throughout the software
- Participate in critical analysis, design, and change review
meetings for software developed in-house, by outside third parties, or as part
of packed, commercial, off-the-shelf application platforms or
Software-as-a-Service platforms that may be modified or configured to suit
project and business requirements.
- Coordinate software testing work
schedules/requirements/issues with other groups, including project managers,
business analysts, business end-users and local and remote software development
- Support outsourced software vendor audits and qualification.
- Provide software validation, design controls, and risk
- Work with developers, analysts and business partners on
problem areas to define pertinent specifications for applications testing.
- Participate in the communication and analysis of test
results and patterns, providing a feedback loop to requirements gathering,
design and development teams
- Specify the required logical interface between related
programs or processes for the functional testing and correct any operational
difficulties encountered in executing tests.
- Define and create test scripts and ensure complete testing
of applications and validation of requirements.
- Plan and deliver testing by reading specifications, creating
test matrices mapped to requirements, writing test plans, defining test cases
and developing manual and automated test scripts.
- Report and track defects by providing reproducible test
cases and work with other team members to document and close issues.
- Serve as QA Testing Team leader for specific project or
products, overseeing and administering work assignments and results of an
extended onsite/offsite team ensuring appropriate allocation and coverage to
satisfy and ensure quality delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of testing methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work closely with
team members on projects
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Familiarity with test planning, test plan generation, test
matrix definition and test case specification/definition
- In depth knowledge of HP Application Lifecycle Management
(formerly Mercury Interactive) testing tools, including Quality Center, Win
Runner, Load Runner and Test Director.
- Knowledge of Oracle Application Testing Suite highly
- Conceptual knowledge of information technologies and
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain a high level of
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced
- The Senior QA Analyst must be flexible as there may be
workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the position’s expectations
and responsibilities are met.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or college/university program certificate required
- Seven years experience in QA working on Oracle Enterprise
Resource Planning, Microsoft, Java and / or UNIX platforms or applications
- Experience in tower business, operations, leasing and/or real
- Experience in writing and implementing test plans and
- Experience with relational databases and query tools required
- Experience with load testing, process automation,
performance testing required
- Experience in SDLC, Waterfall, and Agile preferred
- Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internal
office environment working under normal office conditions.
Approximately 5% - 10% travel will be
required in support of the positions responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and
handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the
employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert
a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
Nov 4, 2013, 11:57:11 AM
American Tower - 5 months ago
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless...