We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Engage in product and requirements reviews for test development of the Fixed Income products suite.
- Work closely with the Business and Development teams to review and understand business and technical requirements; identify gaps in specifications and define test scope and strategies.
- Develop and maintain high quality test plans, test cases and test runs in the team’s proprietary test system.
- Develop and design test strategy; create and execute test cases from requirements documentation.
- Perform various types of testing such as black box testing, white box testing, integration testing, system testing and cross-platform testing. Conduct data validation and data query testing using WinMerge, Sybase ASE 12.x, MS SQL 2008 and Informix. Lead and conduct scalability, performance, stress and fail over testing.
- Create, maintain and update automated functional tests in QuickTestPro and Selenium WebDriver 2.0; develop automated test harnesses using Ruby, Perl and shell scripting to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Analyze, prioritize and manage software defects and bugs using the team’s proprietary Bug Tracking system. Work closely with development team to fix and close defects prior to release.
- Verify deployment of code fixes and objects from QA environment to the production and disaster recovery environments.
- Assist Development/Technical operations teams to perform root-cause analysis and problem diagnosis utilizing technical abilities such as Unix and Perl scripting.
- Develop and document QA processes, procedures, and methods as needed and document in the team’s proprietary test system.
- Accurately provide effort estimates and schedules of test development and execution.
- Lead peer reviews on QA deliverables and work product.
- Lead team meetings to improve quality/performance/knowledge as needed.
- Provide timely and effective written and verbal communication on the status of quality assurance activities.
- Become subject matter expert in the product suite assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, IT, or any Engineering field. 5 years experience in software quality assurance with hands on focus on development and execution of test strategies, test plans, test cases and test scripts; 5 years experience providing business requirements and ambiguity reviews; 4 years of backend testing and writing complex SQL queries and scripts using Sybase, Informix, Microsoft SQL or other related RDBMS client; 4 years experience working in a Unix operating system environment (including scripting and automation); 3 years of requirement based test development experience using HP Quality Center or any related Test Management System tool; 3 years total programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Ruby, Java, .NET, C, SQL, Perl, and/or shell-scripting; 3 years test automation experience using Ruby, Selenium, QuickTestPro, Perl scripting or other test automation tools; 3 years experience with VMware technologies; 3 years of experience in testing web based and real time financial products; 3 years of experience on software quality assurance in financial industry and/or fixed income markets; 1 year work experience in Agile Methodology development/processes; Must have working knowledge of ThomsonOne Investor Relations application.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Thomson Reuters - 10 months ago
Financial information is king and Thomson Reuters Corporation holds the crown. The company is the market leader in financial data (ahead of...