Posting Job Title: Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer, Wireless
Requisition #: 143379BR
Posting Location: Herndon, VA, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer for our Wireless QA Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions :
Provide test and integration support in wireless within the Quality Assurance organization, work closely with Wireless Engineering / Architecture teams, vendors and the TWC product development organizations to verify wireless products and services, develop testing strategies, compliance matrices, and test plans, translating product and services requirements into technical requirements.
Configure Authentication Authorization & Accounting (AAA) platforms and develop interfaces (VLANs / VPNs etc) to communicate with associated IP based network elements (LDAP, NAS , Proxy AAA etc) to verify end-to-end commercial network architectures supporting TWC wireless products and services. Work closely with cross-functional teams to validate architectural designs for wireless initiatives.
Testing includes qualification of Wi-Fi "Core" network comprising of the Authentication / Authorization / Accounting system (AAA), Provisioning System - LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) , Load Balancers (A10) in National Data Center (NDC) environment.
- 7+ years of experience in telecommunications with a minimum of 3 years of experience in RADIUS and its counterpart of Diameter protocols, AAA configuration, lab design and validation for wireless systems.
- Proven accomplishments with the testing and/or integration and troubleshooting of wireless networks and technologies.
- Build & validate the AAA configuration, integrate the AAA to other network elements within the QA wireless Lab, and verify end to end call flows in preparation for verifying features, functionalities, and performance.
- Develop detailed test plans to verify end-to-end Wireless Architecture in collaboration with the cross-functional team, translating products and services requirements from different stakeholders into a cohesive set of tangible testing requirements, assess their feasibility and develop testing solutions to support them.
- Articulate system impact and assess priority of issues that are found during testing, and escalate to QA Lead when service-impacting issues arise and threaten schedule
- Expertise and experience in UNIX OS, Solaris, and Linux is a must
- Provide technical leadership in dealing with Engineering organizations, vendors, Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) / Wi-Fi federation and other partners.
- Understand and analyze new technology trends with the goal of selecting the best test tools and testing methodologies.
- Interface with the mobile product and services team, Project Management organization as well as other stakeholders providing testing leadership and expertise in wireless.
Education and Experience:
- Hands-on experience on UNIX servers, NIS, NT registry, NAS look up on local or external data bases (LDAP / Enterprise servers)
- Hands-on experience with data collection and processing tools.
- Knowledgeable in in-home wireless products, services and technologies - Wi-Fi based wireless devices, portals is a plus etc.
- Understanding of various wireless technology standards and architectures in core network perspectives is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in and continuously follow emerging technology, and have solid experience in all aspects of Wireless operations of "Core" - (3rd and 4th Generation based technologies and services) is a plus.
- Position requires a self-motivated problem-solver with the ability to work with minimal supervision in a matrix organization with dynamically changing goals, scope and requirements.
- Leadership skills suited for a Senior Engineer role requiring consultative, collaborative, and communication skills to be an effective bridge-builder between different stakeholders.
- Mature business judgment and strategic thinking skills with the ability to explain and relate technology decisions to the strategic vision and mission of the company.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and strong collaboration skills.
- Solid knowledge of RFC 2865-2869 and their implementations on CHAP & PAP protocols is a plus.
- Participation in, and contribution to, wireless-related standards forums such as SCTE.
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most - at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 21 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...