About UFP Technologies :
UFP Technologies is seeking an energetic, career oriented professional to fill an exciting opportunity as a Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer at our facility located in Georgetown, Massachusetts .
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Provides quality engineering technical support to the entire business related to corrective actions, process control, statistical analysis, customer complaints, component validation, product measurement and testing, product launch, product certification, and audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
• Investigates customer returns and complaints and provide corrective action / customer problem
resolution at UFPT and customer facilities.
• Implements corrective action measures to prevent re-occurrence.
• Performs product validation preparation and presentation (PPAP).
• Provides product metrology and measurement.
• Provides frequent instruction, guidance and direction for manufacturing, engineering, materials,
customers and suppliers in performance measurement.
• Provides program launch support at UFPT and customer facilities.
• Maintains control system documents.
• Calibrates, validates and maintains gauge and equipment calibration.
• Performs preventive action and continuous improvement.
• Manages material containment at UFPT and customer facilities.
• Performs internal system and process audits.
• Performs SPC and capability analysis.
• Creates C of C / C of A documents for product shipments.
• Supports manufacturing and engineering problem solving efforts on in-process and vendor related
• Supports product development and production transfer to ensure process capability exists and product
requirements are understood.
• Participates in conducting both internal and vendor audits.
• Writes procedures.
• Improves and monitors inspection processes.
• Installs statistical sampling processes.
• Issues corrective action reports.
• Performs all other duties as assigned or needed.
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in quality, operations management or engineering related fields required.
• 7 – 10 year's quality experience in manufacturing environment required.
• Experience with corrective action and preventative action (CAPA) or PPAPs.
• Lean manufacturing experience required.
• Must have exceptional problem solving skills.
• Must have experience training production operators.
• Experience with Minitab or other statistical analysis software.
UFP Technologies - 8 months ago