JOB TITLE: Senior Quality Control Inspector
REPORTS TO: Quality Supervisor
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
For the Quality Control Department, provides assistance to the Quality Control Manager to achieve the quality responsibilities. Audits compliance of Supervisors, Inspectors and Operators to established quality policies, procedures and instructions. Assists in developing gauge and inspection techniques. Maintains accurate records of tests, inspections and other information vital to quality control tracking. Also completes assignments of the Quality Control Inspector I position as required.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Quality Control Manager in managing Quality Control responsibilities.
- Recommend and assist in the development of written policies, procedures and instructions for the Quality Control processes.
- Perform random inspections of completed and in-process manufactured parts and assemblies to insure conformance with company, customer and code requirements.
- Recognize the need for policy, procedure and instruction revisions/ additions; and make recommendations accordingly.
- Audit Supervisors, Operators and Inspectors for compliance with Quality Control policies, procedures and instructions. Confirm that approved policies, procedures and instructions are being used correctly in the production processes.
- Assist in developing gauge and quality inspection techniques after reading and interpreting Engineering drawings.
- Responsible for investigating quality discrepancies, interacting in the corrective process, and later confirming that corrective action has taken place.
- Responsible for maintaining a close relationship with Manufacturing Supervisors, Engineers and Sales personnel to ensure that all information pertaining to non-standard conditions is effectively communicated and that corrective action is taken in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate records of all testing and inspections performed.
- Assist in the approval process of production set-ups.
- Train and work in cooperation with a Quality Control Inspector I.
- As required: Operate a variety of specific testing tools and equipment to confirm that specified standards have been met in the manufacturing process; i.e. height, weight, volume and composition.
- As required: Verify quality of products and parts by cosmetic visual assessment and random inspections using specified testing tools. Quality Control inspections start with the receipt of raw materials along with other manufacturer’s products and follows through to the final steps of production, assembly and shipping.
- Operate computer programs; i.e. Excel, Lotus and Microsoft Word.
- Handle products, parts, tools and materials needed to complete the inspection/ testing process.
16. Insure that Manufacturing keeps gauges and inspection equipment in good working order and properly calibrated.
- Direct Vendor and Customer inspections as required to meet specifications or codes.
- Recommend additional gauging and inspection equipment requirements.
Qualifications of a successful candidate are in addition to the ability to perform the essential functions and physical requirements of this job, the following minimum qualifications are required: 3 years experience as a Quality Control Inspector I classification or equivalent. Has working knowledge of the Quality Control processes. Has basic computer knowledge; ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Lotus. Demonstrated ability to read and understand directions, blueprints, procedure, specification sheets, graphs, scales and check lists. Demonstrates the ability to complete Audit Reports, Scrap Reports, Reject Reports, revisions and specification updates, and Engineering Change Requests. Also accumulates/ records data in compliance with the ISO procedures. Demonstrates the ability to develop policies, procedures and instructions related to Quality Control processes. Demonstrates the ability to clearly explain, demonstrate and give instructions to correct quality discrepancies. Demonstrates the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, convert fractions and decimals. Demonstrates the ability to complete given formulas. Demonstrates the ability to use specific measuring tools to verify specification standards; i.e. micrometer, digital height stake, scales, dial depth gauge, thermometer, thread gauge, pi tape measure, ultrasound, durometer and alloy testing. Demonstrates the ability to properly calibrate measurement tools. Pass Quality Control Inspector II Standard Exam. Pass Quality Control Inspector I Standard Exam. Pass Senior Quality Control Inspector Standard Exam.
Indeed - 5 months ago