At Gilbane we’re building more than buildings, we’re helping create schools, hospitals, laboratories and other facilities that will be helping people live better for decades to come. As a fifth generation family business we’ve built the best team in the industry with a culture of caring that treats every one of our employees as a trusted member of the Gilbane family. We also invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into the top training organization in the construction industry. If you have the desire to make a real difference in people’s lives and become part of a growing organization that treats you like member of the family – you will feel right at home at Gilbane.
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous profit-sharing/401k plan, as well as technical and management training programs.
Gilbane Building Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Gilbane has an unwavering focus on safety, the environment and caring about everyone involved in our work.
As a Quality Control Manager you will support our Federal construction team on various jobs located in the United States.
Your responsibilities include:
- Manage QC activities for health care facility construction and renovation.
- Manage QC Inspectors and other QC personnel assigned to project.
- Review designs and provide feedback to designers.
- Prepare submittals and manage them through the approval process, tracking through use of submittal register.
- Develop daily quality control reports, recording QC activities and results.
- Collect and manage documents required for closeout.
- Prepare Testing and Inspection Plan and Log and track activities and results.
- Inspect materials and verify they are the ones approved.
- Inspect ongoing work and verify it is compliant with requirements.
A Quality Control Manager needs to have:
Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Minimum 8 years hospital construction experience.
- Proactive management approach.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project skills.
- BS Degree required; Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
- USACE/NAVFAC Construction Quality Management for Contractors training certification preferred.
- ASHE Health Care Constructor Certification.
Gilbane Building Company builds for the big boys (and girls). The firm provides construction services, consulting, subcontracting, and...