Founded in 1999, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading customers in their transformation to become social enterprises . Social enterprises are able to connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and application services give customers the tools to create a true social front office and revolutionize the way they sell, service, market, collaborate, work, and innovate. With more than 9,000 employees, the first enterprise cloud computing company to exceed $2.5B in annual revenue run rate, and more than 100,000 customers worldwide, we are proud to contribute to the success of companies of all sizes and industries, around the globe. We're also one of the "Best Places to Work" (FORTUNE). If you're passionate about innovation, come help revolutionize how companies collaborate and communicate with customers.
We are looking for senior QA engineers with very strong Java development skills and experience in working with and building automation systems. You would be mainly responsible for testing the new infrastructure and management software, developing test environments and automation frameworks for testing it. Additionally we expect all QA Engineers to participate in the design work of the system being developed. This is a highly technical role.
In order to fit in with the team you need to be innovative, ready to learn new tools and frameworks. You need to be able to work with a fast-paced team that is constantly coming up with new solutions and ideas.
- Create test plans for new automation products and new features to existing products.
- Create test cases and document them using the test case management system.
- Plan, design and implement automation frameworks for Java and Perl based products.
- Automate 70-100% of the documented test cases.
- Perform some manual and mostly automated functional (“black box”) and unit (“white box”) testing.
- Investigate test and production failures, perform root-cause analysis and create detailed, high-quality error reports.
- Participate in product and feature design with developers.
- Support product deployments to production environment.
- Optionally plan work and direct day-to-day work of other engineers in a technical lead capacity.
Required Bachelor's Degree in CS or EE with at least 5+ years of experience:
- SQA methodologies (black box and white box testing)
- Strong Java programming skills (not just writing test scripts)
- Java-based test automation, e.g. JUnit, TestNG.
- Used to short release cycles (2-4 weeks) and experienced in the full software lifecycle from design to deployment.
- Experience working with VMware products and vSphere SDK/API
- Strong knowledge of database interface and SQL
- Experience in shell scripting
- Experience in UNIX (Linux/Solaris) administration
- Experience in large-scale software deployments
- Performance testing tools
- Worked in Agile teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
salesforce.com - 19 months ago