The Health Program at the American Institutes for Research (AIR) offers tremendous career opportunities at the heart of health care reform, evidence-based care and the future of public health. AIR’s Health Program offers a balance of depth, breadth, and collegiality in combination with professional development, leadership opportunities, competitive compensation, premier benefits and flexible work arrangements. Our work is mission-driven with a strong focus on improving the health and well-being of the American public, especially disadvantaged populations.
AIR is searching for a Senior Quality Improvement Specialist to serve as a leader of a quality and process improvement team for an innovative federal project within AIR’s Health Program to work directly with clients, external experts, demonstration project participants and other partner resources on projects related to health care improvement. This person will serve as the lead facilitator for quality measurement methodology tool application and will recommend and implement process improvement strategies across a collaborative team atmosphere.
The project involves engaging all appropriate stakeholders to build the will for improvement, clearly define goals and success, support implementation efforts, measure improvements towards the stated goals, and share successes among peers. The role of this position is to partner with, support, and ensure the success of the LDG. The candidate should have strong skills in the area of quality improvement applied to innovative strategies for improving the delivery of care.
- Work jointly with client and key project participants to design methodologies, plan and conduct analyses and provide accurate, timely assessments on improvement processes.
- Provide strategic guidance to client and to project learning communities by designing, developing, and conducting assessments of the effectiveness of learning models and change packages.
- Design and develop assessment strategies, including metrics, data collection, feedback systems and reporting to guide improvement efforts.
- Help design project dashboards and other data sharing tools.
- Interface directly on an ongoing basis with client and key project participants to develop skills, review performance, share lessons and best practices, and manage improvement processes.
- Develop and deliver feedback to participants based on defined metrics on an ongoing basis as part of an overall improvement/change management process.
- PhD or Masters Degree
- 7 - 10 years of work experience including experience in facilitating learning communities or other related collaborative learning activities to help guide change in the field at an operational level.
- Equivalent of Six Sigma Black Belt and/or Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence, experience with or certified in Lean and knowledge of other similar quality improvement methodologies highly desirable.
- Experience with the quality improvement methodologies of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement a plus.
- Expert knowledge and use of statistical processes and analytic techniques to design strategies and conduct measurement and assessment of quality and process improvement within organizations.
- Significant experience in quality measurement and analysis in practical work settings and experience in working with teams in defining and integrating measurement into work settings.
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to plan and execute multiple deliverables, and interact well with client.
- Ability to convey the value and appropriateness of improvement measurement concepts and principles across a wide range of disciplines and stakeholders.
American Institutes for Research - 2 years ago