Job Title: Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst
Job ID: 100729
Location: Illinois, Chicago;Nebraska, Omaha;Texas, Fort Worth
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Manager level: Senior Level Professional
A leader in brokerage and investment services for over 35 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and bolstering our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions and a national branch system. Combined with some of the industry's brightest minds, there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, TD Ameritrade is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology to our resolve to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
The Futures Analytics and Modeling group is responsible for Quantitative Risk Modeling and the development of Risk Strategies related to the Firms Margin Accounts. These activities include the use of quantitative financial analysis to create and support risk management policies, procedures, and software tools used within the Margin department and that support the firm’s risk appetite.
This team requires a high level of quantitative skills in the areas of Finance, Mathematics, Database Management, and Brokerage Operations. Associates in the group are expected to have the work experience and educational background to perform option and fixed income modeling, monte carlo techniques, model validation, credit risk modeling, and VaR techniques (Value at Risk). These skills are used to deliver actionable risk analysis to the Margin Risk Management group and to support the development of Risk Management policies.
This position is a senior analyst role and is designed to develop leadership skills. The individual will serve as an escalation point for analysts and will also act as the lead analyst for large projects. This position requires highly skilled financial analyst tasked with applying sophisticated modeling and analysis to the firm’s margin accounts through the use of state-of-the-art data mining techniques, financial modeling, and computer programming techniques. These complex processes must then be broken down in to simple and coherent ideas so that they can be regularly reported to executive and board level audiences.
- Daily client portfolio stress testing and risk analysis (equities, equity options, fixed income, futures, futures options, Forex)
- Statistical modeling using parametric and non-parametric probability density functions
- Statistical data preparation and analysis: least squares fit, principal component analysis, regression analysis, autocorrelation/autocovariance analysis, maximum likelihood estimation, copula analysis
- Single and multi-asset option modeling and risk analysis
- Portfolio level asset risk segmentation and analysis
- Portfolio and security level risk quantification and segmentation
- Build cases for risk strategies and policies to guide development of the firm’s risk appetite and operating standards
- Directly contribute to the decision making process regarding escalations and exception requests as it relates to risk associated with margin lending and collateral
- Participate in the creation of risk management policy and process content on the firm’s intranet and formulate communications of impact to business partners
- Risk reporting for multiple executive management committees
- Tasked with supplying intelligence and recommendations on various ad-hoc risk management initiatives as needed
- Responsible for providing project management, business analysis, and performance impact testing to ThinkTech Development groups.
- Project Support Examples – BOS margin calculator enhancements, Portfolio Margining capability, Asset Inquiry Tool enhancements, integration of RAPTTR tool into BOS production systems
- Margin debit attribution monitoring tool
- Automated, conditional risk report creation processes
- RAPPTR web based risk tool
- TOS Admin Order Management System
- Pink Sheet deposit quality and risk assessment tool
- Margin maintenance rate solver tool
- Margin maintenance change impact prediction tool
- Market volatility monitoring tool
- Short option risk monitoring tool
- Design and program analytical tools that are used to improve process enhancement and analytical accuracy
- Maintenance, implementation, and enhancement of business programming logic
- Database management
- Source code maintenance and monitoring
- Data integrity management and resolution
- System quality assurance testing
- Web development
- Create educational and training material for broad dissemination within the firm
- Develop internal business partners to enhance standards for product knowledge, proprietary system understanding, and technical proficiency
- Identify interdepartmental and organizational process improvement opportunities, establish a plan of approach and work with business partners to successfully execute and effect positive change
- Participation in cross functional teams representing the Risk Management, Portfolio Analytics Department or Brokerage Operations Management in general
- 4 Year College Degree Required, Graduate Degree Preferred
- Graduate-level proficiency in Econometrics or Statistics
- Graduate-level expertise in Financial Economics
- Quantitative finance & risk management – option and fixed income modeling, credit risk, dynamic hedging strategies, etc.
- Solid understanding of financial time series models (ARIMA, ARCH, GARCH, etc.) and applications in SAS or R
- Knowledge of model validation methods (Markov, Monte Carlo, Bayesian, etc.)
- Familiarity with Latent Variable and Dimension Reduction methods. (Principal Components, Factor Analysis)
- General knowledge of Extreme Value methods (e.g. VaR)
- Familiarity with Predictive Analytics techniques (K-NN, ANNs, CHAID, Ensemble Models, etc.)
- Advanced mathematics – optimization, stochastic processes, numerical analysis, differential equations
- Programming proficiency – SQL, VBA/VBScript/VB.NET, C/C++, Java, Python
- Database administration – SQL (Postgres, MS SQL, MySQL)
- Advanced research platforms – SAS R, Matlab,
- Advanced Excel (Financial Modeling and Programing)
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial products (equities, equity options, fixed income, futures, futures options, foreign currency)
- 3 years leadership, coaching, and mentoring experience
- 3 years practical financial risk management experience
- 3 years practical trading experience
- Strong communicator (written and verbal), able to effectively interact and coordinate with senior management and other business units
- APRM/PRM (not required, preferred)
- CQF (not required, preferred)
- FRM (not required, preferred)
- CFA (not required, preferred)
- FINRA Series 7, 63, 24, 4 (preferred)
TD Ameritrade participates in the E-Verify program for those states requiring E-Verify. For additional information on this program please click here .
TD Ameritrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and offer a quality workplace.
TD Ameritrade, Inc. member FINRA/SIPC/NFA is a subsidiary of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NASDAQ: AMTD). TD Ameritrade is a trademark jointly owned by TD Ameritrade IP Company and the Toronto-Dominion Bank. © 2012 TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
TD Ameritrade - 16 months ago
If your stock makes a big move while you're stuck in traffic, don't worry -- TD Ameritrade lets you buy and sell even when...