Division: Biological Assessment
State/Province: Iowa [IA]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Senior R&D Specialist
Job ID: 4607
Responsible for transforming field scientist data into knowledge with an emphasis on data collection in the field. Supports the field scientists via identifying and specifying hardware and software tools, electronic data capture processes and training.
- Review and test new electronic data colletion devices
- Work with RDIS on data transfer to backend systems
- Work with projects that have field data collection compnents
- Support current software and hardware tools
- Train current software and devices
- Ability to work with teams and within a matrix organization involving those at various levels of the global organization.
- Ability to maintain Syngenta standards and technical integrity while under pressure to meet challenging targets and tight timelines.
- Support the implementation of the field data operations and ensure high data quality and consistency.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- Broad understanding of IS systems and tools
- Broad understanding of different operating systems (Window, Window mobile, Android, IOS)
- The position demands a solid and wide-ranging knowledge in Technology Architecture & Integration with a realistic appreciation of how to solve problems in relation to data collection hardware and software.
- Exceptional oral, written, communication and computer application skills.
- PMP preferred
- B.S. Degree and 1 year working with large agricultural company
- Innovative thinking, desire for continuous improvement
- Experience or knowledge Microsoft Excel and Access and other programming, such as VBA.SQL
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Customer-Focus required to support field researchers, business units and global teams.
- High communication and organizational skills – job requires prioritization of requests from multiple customers.
- Challenge the status quo and push boundaries.
- Train field scientists on tools and best practices.
- Organizing – can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Functional/Technical – has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- The ability to be responsive to a changing technological landscape.
- A fast, responsive and intelligent approach to delivering flexible production capacity.
- Timely delivery of technologically complex tools and processes.
- Forward looking
- Deliver innovative solutions
- Focus on external partnerships
- Grow through challenge
- Deliver commitments – delivering quality at speed
- Manage change swiftly and effectively
- Seek/share best practice; develop synergies; communicate results
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Trave requirement -15-20%
- Seasonal travel to off-station testing locations, project meetings, and winter nursery locations.
Note: Division - Biological Assessment
Function - Biological Analytics
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...