National Instruments is a technology pioneer and industry leader in virtual instrumentation, delivering today's most advanced technologies for test, control, and design. National Instruments has a senior RF technician position open at our Santa Rosa R/D Design Center. Join a company with a long-term strategic vision which includes innovation and a sharp focus on our key strength - our people!
• Troubleshoot modules and circuit cards to the component level, test, and calibrate products using various software and hardware including automated test equipment.
• Experienced in use of RF test instruments such as spectrum analyzers, network analyzer, power meters, and signal generators.
• Assemble and dis-assemble complex mechanical assemblies using work instruction, fixtures, and other tools
• Provide potential corrective actions and feedback to both Manufacturing and Design teams based on root cause determination
• Train other technicians using various documents including bill of material, schematics, component data sheets, test procedures, troubleshooting guides, block diagrams, and theory of operations.
• Familiarity with RF Measurements such as power measurements, noise and distortion measurements, S-parameters, and spectral measurements.
Please Note: National Instruments does NOT petition for H1-B or TN Visa status for this position.
• 5+ years experience
• Component level soldering and troubleshooting
• Strong mechanical and electronics knowledge
• Demonstrate strong problem solving capability
• Excellent written and verbal communication ability
• Programming skills in LabView
• Works well independently
• Must be able to lift 30 pounds physically
Employ Your Imagination at National Instruments
National Instruments (www.ni.com), a technology pioneer and industry leader in virtual instrumentation for 37 years, delivers LabVIEW graphical software and open, modular instrumentation hardware for design, simulation, control, test, and manufacturing. Engineers and scientists in hundreds of industries use flexible, high-performance NI products to create reliable user-defined systems throughout the product design cycle to reduce time to market and lower development costs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, NI has more than 6,300 employees worldwide and direct operations in more than 50 countries. For the past 14 consecutive years, FORTUNE magazine has named NI as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" in America. Glassdoor.com also recently named NI as one of America's "Best Places to Work," and BusinessWeek included NI in its "Best Places to Launch A Career" list.
National Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer an excellent work environment, and a competitive and well-rounded compensation and benefits package, including an on-site medical clinic; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(K) with NI match; profit sharing; restricted stock plan; employee discounted stock purchase plan; on-site fitness center and wellness program; and much more.
National Instruments Corporation is a supplier of measurement and automation products that engineers and scientists use in a range of...