IBERDROLA RENEWABLES offers a unique opportunity for an experienced real-time energy trader to join a dynamic team of traders. The primary goal of the desk is to optimize our portfolio of wind generation, thermal co-generation, peaking capacity and slice of hydro generation in the hourly market. We operate nearly 5 GW’s of installed wind generation in markets ranging from WECC, MISO, ERCOT, NYISO, NEISO and PJM. The desk works cohesively in rotating shifts of three in our efforts to effectively monetize our portfolio of assets. A unique aspect of our operations is the continued execution of a BPA pilot program named Self-Supply. In Self-Supply we schedule our resources of wind, hydro and thermal generation with market purchased capacity to effectively balance our hourly schedules in the MID-C area of the WECC.
- Redirect transmission via OASIS and create NERC E-tags
- Manage portfolio based on forecasted generation
- Purchase INC and DEC capacity to protect against intra-hour generation changes
- Collaborate with shift partners on strategies and time lines.
- Interact with counterparties and represent Iberdrola in a professional manner
- Comply with Dodd-Frank regulations as well as corporate business controls
- Be relied upon to promptly report for your scheduled shifts
- Develop strategies with incomplete data sets
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- 5+ year's energy trading experience. Applicants with less experience or experience that supports trading, may be considered at a lower level.
- Solid understanding of generation & transmission operations;
- Experience with WECC, NYISO, NEISO, PJM, MISO, and ERCOT with proven ability to understand market conditions and to identify sales/purchase opportunities;
- Proficient with Windows based applications, internet portals, and data recovery;
- Understanding of financial modeling, risk assessment, commodity management, electricity and natural gas trading and hedging practices;
- Ability to independently function in fast paced deadline dependent environment;
- Must be performance driven, self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work rotating shifts of 12 hours which includes night shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, marketing;
- Experience managing physical assets, including knowledge of thermal plant dispatch costs and limitations and strategies for managing wind generation and off-take agreements.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background and reference check, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle. Iberdrola Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IBERDROLA Renewables (formerly PPM Energy) is a real power player in the energy industry. Part of IBERDROLA's global network,...