Title Senior Radio Field Service Technician Job # 15122BR Job Function Air/Ground Communication City Fort Worth State Texas Country United States FT/PT Full Time Qty 1 Job Description ARINC Rockwell Collins is looking for someone to join our team in Fort Worth, TX as a Senior Radio Field Service Technician to support our Aviation Solutions Division. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in an environment where customer service is held in the highest regard.
ARINC's Air/Ground Domestic Voice Service is the aeronautical industry's air/ground voice communications link for aeronautical operational control (AOC) messages. The service is backed by 45 years of experience and our network of 124 VHF radio stations in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. It provides reliable, high-quality, blanket en route coverage above 20,000 feet in the continental United States, Hawaii, and on the coastal regions of western Canada and Alaska.
Other Duties Include:
At ARINC Rockwell Collins, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose us as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join our team and help shape our future while creating yours. Qualifications To be considered for this position you must have at least 2 years of electronics maintenance and repair experience, or the equivalent in a technical electronics or radio maintenance course. Your experience can be from the commercial or military sectors.
- Install, maintain, test, adjust, and repair communications equipment such as radio and antenna systems.
- Utilize test equipment as required to perform proper installation or repair.
- Be able to independently and professionally interact with customers, vendors, and contractors in support of maintenance and installation activities.
Other requirements include:
To work in this position candidates must be able to perform and / or meet certain physical requirements. Some are: (1) passing an Industrial Class Physical, (2) climbing poles and towers up to 50 feet in height, (3) being able to lift and carry radio maintenance related equipment, components and tools weighing up to 50 lbs, and (4) climbing, crawling, kneeling and / or standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to become proficient in fault isolation, restoration and adjustment of company communications equipment.
- Capable of analyzing system failures and identifying, and restoring equipment malfunctions and failures.
- Able to perform testing, repair, and replacement at the component (piece part) and board level.
- Possess an FCC General Radiotelephone Operator's License.
- Able to follow technical manuals/instructions and have a basic knowledge of how to read schematics and drawings.
- Willing to provide on-the-job training to Associate Field Service Technicians.
This position will require a criminal history check. The background check includes the ability to meet certain eligibility requirements, one of which is having either U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien Status. Finally, you must have resided within the United States for 3 consecutive years of the last 5 years.
Desired Experience: AM radio maintenance experience is a plus.
Required Education/Certification: Requires High school diploma or GED. Complete a course in practical electronics at a recognized technical school or college OR have 2 years practical experience in the electronics field. To be considered you must hold an FCC General Class License.
The position is focused on providing 24/7 support, so after hours work is common. Amount of Travel Required for Position 25-50