Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for a Senior Radio Frequency Communications Analyst. This is a contract position for a period of at least six months.
The Senior Radio Frequency Communications Analyst will:
- Perform Radio Frequency (RF) communication systems analysis for NASA’s Commercial Crew, Exploration, and the International Space Station.
- Determine and evaluate the performance of relevant RF links using analytical methods or by applying analysis and simulation tools.
- Evaluate link budgets analysis.
- Provide technical assessments of proposed system architecture and design.
- Perform RF interference analysis and evaluate communication system performance.
- Work with digital modulation, RF propagation, antenna gains & patterns, and link budgets.
- Perform evaluation and verification of requirements.
- Perform data analysis and document results for presentation.
- Work with other engineers in a team environment.
- Travel may be required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS degree in Engineering ABET accredited college or university (preferred) and 14 years experience in the field or in a related area.
- Experience in RF systems, RF Communication or Electromagnetics.
- Must be fluent with the use of computers and analysis software such as MatLab and Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be knowledgeable in RF modulation, RF propagation, Trajectories, Coordinate Systems, Orbital Dynamics, Bit Error Rate (BER), receiver performance, system temperature calculations and Forward Error Correction.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in communications system architectures and design.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
MTS - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
MTS is a veteran-owned, small business headquartered in Huntsville, AL. The MTS staff consists of individuals who have provided valuable...