VHB is seeking a Senior Railroad Operations Specialist
to join our Boston, MA or New York City office to support our Transportation team.
The Senior Railroad Operations Specialist (ROS) will be responsible for leading a team of operations analysts on various railroad and transit operational assignments. The ROS will coordinate the efforts of the operations team with the senior management team within T&R. The ROS will sit in either our Boston or New York City office. Some travel will be required along the east coast to support projects being conducted in other regions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing computer simulation models of rail operations using RTC model
- Preparing operations analysis reports of existing and proposed rail operations
- Developing operations plans for proposed systems
- Conducting construction phasing analysis for rail construction projects
- Assist in preparing proposals for new assignments
- Monitor and project labor efforts for Operations Team
- Coordinating with T&R Management Team on work assignments
- Monitor project budget and schedule for operations assignments
- Assigning staff to operations assignments
- Mentoring and training staff in railroad operations
This position requires a minimum of 8 years experience in railroad operations with 5 years experience in developing simulations models for rail operations. It is also preferable for the successful candidate to be experienced in managing a team of operations analysts. A bachelor degree in engineering, planning or similar field is required. A combination of experience and education maybe considered to meet this requirement.
Consistently ranked by CE News as one of the “Best Civil Engineering Firms to Work For,” Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc. (VHB) is an 850 person firm that provides integrated planning, transportation, land development, and environmental services from 21 offices throughout the east coast. Engineering News-Record ranks VHB 76th of the Top 500 U.S. Design Firms and among the Top 50 Transportation Firms in the Nation. VHB is dedicated to providing a challenging, fun, and rewarding work environment. Our staff enjoys opportunities to grow professionally and work on interesting projects. Our dynamic, people-centric organization focuses on a culture of collaboration, personal development, and developing lasting relationships both inside and outside of our firm.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VHB ensures non discrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. VHB Participates in the E-verify employment authorization program.
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin (VHB) provides multidisciplinary planning, design, engineering and consulting for some of the nation's most complex...