This senior level position provides day-to-day support and administration to the property management department working closely with in-house and external counsel. Day to day responsibilities include supervision of external counsel, interaction with single tenant and multi-tenant property professionals, legal research, drafting of legal and business communications, file and database management. Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Drafting and implementing policies and procedures relating to workflow and departmental expectations and responsibilities.
- Working with in-house counsel to oversee and monitor:
- tenant requests
- tenant defaults
- execution of legal documents
- lender approvals
- Coordinating with outside counsel for representation regarding:
- construction defect issues
- easement requests
- use waivers
- OEA/REA/CCR amendments
- landlord/tenant litigation matters
- vendor services agreements
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Prefer independent, self-motivated person with at least 15 years commercial real estate experience, preferably with at least 5-10 years of experience working for a retailer or a landlord/developer of commercial retail property
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- Highly professional work ethic, appearance and demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail is critical for success
Education and Professional Designations:
- Certificate from ABA approved program is preferred but not required.
We will offer a competitive package based on experience and qualifications.
Cole Companies is a dynamic Real Estate Investment Management firm looking for experienced, successful professionals to join our highly...