Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - Delighting our Customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Canadian Support Group located in Burlington, Ontario, you can play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations in North America. In Canada, we currently have 80 store locations in nine provinces with over 2,500 associates and we continue to grow.
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for an associate discount at all PetSmart stores, health benefits, RRSP/DPSP pension program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and more!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The PetSmart Canada Senior Regional Loss Prevention and Safety Manager is responsible for overseeing Loss Prevention and Safety operations for assigned region(s) as well as providing direct support to specific districts within their assigned region as determined by their Director, Loss Prevention & Safety. This position provides supervisory leadership of a Regional Loss Prevention and Safety Manager within their assigned region(s).
KEY COMPETENCIES attributed to driving service include, but are not limited to the following:
• Proven management experience and leadership skills
• Exceptional investigative and interviewing skills
• Solid knowledge and understanding of retail loss prevention activities
• Solid knowledge and understanding of retail safety programs
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational and interpersonal communication (i.e., verbal and written) skills
• Proficient knowledge and understanding of all applicable analytical reporting generated by the Business Information Warehouse (BIW), SAP, ASPECT and Case Reporting Systems
• Solid knowledge and understanding of computer applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Accurate and timely reporting of data
• Self-managed individual
The Senior Regional Loss Prevention Manager supervises a Regional Loss Prevention and Safety Manager within their assigned region(s). Responsibilities include: recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and developing of direct reports. Planning, assigning, and directing work. Appraising performance, rewarding and overall performance management of direct report(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
• Supervises (Recruits, hires, trains, and develops) Regional Loss Prevention and Safety Manager
• Provides Loss Prevention and Safety leadership and support in their assigned region(s)
• Provides support to field management (e.g., Regional Vice Presidents/Regional Directors, District Managers, Store Managers, etc.) in the administration of Loss Prevention and Safety programs
• Manages the research, analysis and interpretation of shrink and safety trends and develops strategies for execution and improvement
• Directs investigations and resolution of all Loss Prevention and Safety activities in their region(s)
• Ensures that all investigations and resolutions comply with applicable federal, provincial and local laws as well as Company policy
• Conducts Shrink and Safety compliance reviews and provides appropriate operational support/follow-up to ensure opportunities for improvement are identified and corrected
• Assists Regional Vice Presidents/Regional Directors and District Managers in developing strategies to improve Shrink and Safety results within their regions
• Performs all roles and responsibilities as a Regional Loss Prevention and Safety Manager in their assigned stores.
• Travels with their direct reports in order to inspect shrink and safety program compliance and execution throughout the region(s), while assessing their leadership relationship with their partners
• Provides recommendations and coordinates implementation of policies and procedures to ensure integrity of store operations and Loss Prevention and Safety programs
• Conducts Shrink and Safety training sessions for their region(s)
• Works directly with Supply Chain partners to ensure Shrink and Safety programs are effectively executed to support the stores
• Represents the Canadian Business when dealing with outside agencies such as Ministry of Labour, law enforcement, Retail Counsel of Canada and Safety and Workers' Compensation consultants.
• Primary contact and project manager for safety consulting company
• Performs special projects at the direction of the Director, Loss Prevention and Safety
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
An Associate or Bachelor Degree in an appropriate field of study or a minimum of five years Loss Prevention and Safety or team leadership experience is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Interview and Interrogation Techniques Certification (e.g., Wicklander-Zulawski, Reid, etc.) required. CFI (Certified Forensic Interviewer) certification desirable.
Extensive travel throughout Canada is required; 50% overnight and some local. Travel to the US will be no less than quarterly. Some projects might require evening or weekend assignments and the potential of standing or walking for 80% of rare days. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 17 months ago
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...