DEPARTMENT: Finance - Regulatory Reporting
JOB TITLE: S enior Regulatory Accountant
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for all aspects of the firm’s regulatory reporting.
- Involved in month-end closing of Shadow General Ledger
- Preparation and analysis of FOCUS.
- Interface daily with Operations, Treasury, and other Accounting staff
- Prepare account analyses
- Responsibility for the preparation of the futures and securities customer protection calculations.
- Writing and editing procedures for the department.
- Oversee the daily net capital computation
- Prepare the bi-monthly SIDR and monthly/quarterly FED reporting
- Responsible for computing various monthly haircut calculations for the monthly FOCUS
- Need to manipulate and manage large amounts of data. Must be able to summarize for reporting.
- Interact with audit and examination staff.
- Must be able to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Need to work with staff to implement new reporting and calculation requirements. Work with other areas of the firm to implement firm initiatives.
Two accounting people
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED :
- Accounting and or Finance degree preferred
- 7-10 years’ experience in regulatory Accounting and/or Operations
- 3+ years experience specifically working at a broker-dealer firm
- Strong background in futures FCM accounting. Ability to learn securities accounting.
- Knowledge of the fixed income business a plus
- Strong Excel/Access skills. PowerPoint skills a plus.
- Strong knowledge of GMI. Shadow knowledge a plus.
Series 27 licensed; or required to obtain shortly after employment
POSITION WITHIN HIERARCHY:
Reports to Regulatory Accounting Supervisor
LEVEL OF AUTONOMY:
Should be able to work independently, supervise staff, and know when to escalate issues and concerns to the department manager.
Newedge - 17 months ago
The corporate and investment banking arm of French superbank Crédit Agricole, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank (or Crédit...