DEPARTMENT: Finance - Regulatory Reporting
JOB TITLE: S enior Regulatory Accountant
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for all aspects of the firm’s regulatory reporting.
- Involved in month-end closing of Shadow General Ledger
- Preparation and analysis of FOCUS.
- Interface daily with Operations, Treasury, and other Accounting staff
- Prepare account analyses
- Responsibility for the preparation of the futures and securities customer protection calculations.
- Writing and editing procedures for the department.
- Oversee the daily net capital computation
- Prepare the bi-monthly SIDR and monthly/quarterly FED reporting
- Responsible for computing various monthly haircut calculations for the monthly FOCUS
- Need to manipulate and manage large amounts of data. Must be able to summarize for reporting.
- Interact with audit and examination staff.
- Must be able to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Need to work with staff to implement new reporting and calculation requirements. Work with other areas of the firm to implement firm initiatives.
Two accounting people
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED :
- Accounting and or Finance degree preferred
- 7-10 years’ experience in regulatory Accounting and/or Operations
- 3+ years experience specifically working at a broker-dealer firm
- Strong background in futures FCM accounting. Ability to learn securities accounting.
- Knowledge of the fixed income business a plus
- Strong Excel/Access skills. PowerPoint skills a plus.
- Strong knowledge of GMI. Shadow knowledge a plus.
Series 27 licensed; or required to obtain shortly after employment
POSITION WITHIN HIERARCHY:
Reports to Regulatory Accounting Supervisor
LEVEL OF AUTONOMY:
Should be able to work independently, supervise staff, and know when to escalate issues and concerns to the department manager.
The corporate and investment banking arm of French superbank Crédit Agricole, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank (or Crédit...