The selected candidate for this position will be responsible for ensuring field compliance of local, state and federal regulations in the CO2 production, construction and drilling operations in the McElmo Dome and Doe Canyon CO2 production units in southwest Colorado, the St. Johns CO2 production unit in eastern Arizona, and the Cottonwood Canyon CO2 production unit in western New Mexico. The position will be based in Cortez, CO, and the successful candidate may live within 1 hour of the field office. The job level will be commensurate with experience, so it may be filled at Analyst-Regulatory Sr. II depending on skills and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Proactively plan, organize, coordinate and oversee pre-drilling and pre-construction meetings with KM personnel and contractors to ensure a common understanding of local, state and federal regulations and permit-specific conditions of approval.
• Spend majority of time in the field inspecting drilling and oil and gas production and construction sites to ensure compliance of all related local, state and federal regulations.
• Identify potentially noncompliant acts and conditions and coordinate with supervision to correct them in a timely manner.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with engineering, operations, regulatory services and management staff. Work closely with EHS team for environmental engineering input.
• Assist engineering and operations departments by keeping them informed of regulatory reporting requirements and timelines, wildlife timing restrictions, and other regulatory requirements.
• Manage contractors performing environmental and compliance inspections for the various drilling, construction and maintenance projects; monitor schedules, track budgets and review/evaluate reports generated by the contractors.
• Develop and implement compliance processes, procedures and training to ensure that company facilities are constructed/operated/maintained in compliance with land use, wetland/waterbody, and water use/discharge regulations and project permit conditions.
• Support company emergency response and reporting requirements for specific drilling and construction projects. On-call responsibilities may be 24 hrs/day during the project drilling and construction period.
• Carry a company-provided cell phone and be available to respond during working hours; may be required to respond during non-working hours, especially related to project emergencies.
• Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
• Maintain a working knowledge of applicable company procedures, standards, and policies.
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
• Must have ability to successfully perform the required and expected duties with minimal direct supervision.
• Interact with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism; must be a team player who is open to coaching others and being coached and has excellent follow through.
• Other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS:
• Must have a solid understanding of federal, state, and local permitting processes and timetables.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Inspect 3rd party construction to ensure compliance with permit requirements and conditions of approval.
• Ability to effectively organize, plan, prioritize, document, and complete work with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to work with other operations groups, engineering staff, and management.
• Mentor fellow employees when the opportunity presents itself.
• Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
• The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
• Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.
• Bachelors or advanced degree in science, engineering, or related discipline from an accredited academic institution or 10+ years of related field experience is required.
EXPERIENCE / SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE:
• Minimum of 5 years direct and active work experience with federal (BLM, EPA, NEPA-related activities), state, and local government processes, and wetland/waterbody, T&E, and cultural resources permitting requirements within E&P industry or consulting.
• Working knowledge of federal and state regulations applicable to E&P project requirements, including, but not limited to, Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC), Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, etc.
• Experience in successfully interacting with federal, state, or local agency officials related to drilling and construction regulations and conditions of approval.
• Strong technical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent project management and multi-tasking skills required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
WORK CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The work location will be at a professional field office near Cortez, CO.
• The majority of time will be spent in the field inspecting drilling and oil and gas production and construction sites.
PREFERRED Education, Experience, Certifications, Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
• Previous employment as a COGCC or BLM field or environmental inspector is highly preferred.
• Long-term prior employment on a drilling or oil and gas construction site is preferred.
• Although not required, professional certification is preferred.
• Travel by automobile or commercial aircraft is required for meetings, site visits/assessments/inspections.
• Travel will vary by specific project needs; travel typically will be less than 10%.
Kinder Morgan - 6 months ago
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...