This position is responsible for maintaining and building Aberdeen’s U.S. based institutional relationships. This individual will be accountable for 30-50 client relationships comprised primarily of corporate, Public Fund, endowment/foundation and Taft Hartley clients invested in all Aberdeen strategies.
- Serving as Aberdeen’s primary contact for key clients
- Cultivate relationships across all levels and functional areas of client organizations in an effort to better understand their needs and promote highly consultative and solutions based discussions
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients’ respective field consultants
- Maintaining positive references from each client
- Work collaboratively in a true team environment with Institutional Sales, Consultant Relations and Client Service teams to deliver best in class service to our clients
- Work closely with Aberdeen investment teams, partnering with them to thoroughly understand our investment capabilities and present them effectively to our clients
- Assuming a leadership role for client relationships internally by leveraging the firms broader resources (investment management, IBD colleagues, operations, legal, marketing, etc.) to solve complex client related issues – ultimately acting as the voice of the client within Aberdeen
- Serve as an ‘internal’ sales professional by identifying new investment opportunities and cross selling new strategies to our clients
- Represent Aberdeen’s corporate story and brand effectively in the marketplace
- Develop and implement a business plan for your collective clients on an annual basis.
- Responsible for executing an annual business plan for all Tier 1 clients.
- Substantial travel (50% or more) is required with this position
- Bachelor’s degree required; CFA and / or MBA preferred;
- Series 7 & 63 required
- A minimum of 10 years of institutional relationship management or sales experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong presentation and meeting management skills
- Superior analytical ability and a strong understanding of investment products and capital markets
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both external and internal business partners
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact with people having varying degrees of investment acumen
- Dependable, punctual, self-disciplined and possesses a professional appearance and attitude
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Sets high expectations for self and others
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong applicable computer skills such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Should you wish to apply for this role, please email the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org , attaching a copy of your CV with a covering letter explaining why you wish to apply.