Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 23,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune in 2012 , we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity . These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Senior Research Analyst for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
A strategic partner in designing, developing, executing and analyzing research projects for short and long term business goals and results. Leads and facilitates cross-functional teams in the application of the appropriate research methodologies (i.e., qualitative, quantitative, text or business intelligence), design innovation, marketing strategies, and general industry trends to understand member insights and translate findings into business strategies. Business recommendations can be based on quantitative or qualitative data, understanding the underlying assumptions of each and their relative impact to address the business problem. Independently, under minimal supervision, manages/performs multiple complex and some unique work assignments and problem resolution across systems, processes or channels; and navigates obstacles to deliver the work product. As a key contributor, critical to the achievement of team/organization goals, serves as a mentor and provides guidance to peers and less experienced team in the development and delivery of their work products. Develops business recommendations, presents and communicates findings to various levels of leadership.
- Leads, facilitates and/or collaborates with cross-functional teams and vendors in support of the end-to-end research project(s).
- Determines the appropriate research methodologies, design innovation, marketing strategies and general industry trends to solve business problems within specific areas of expertise.
- Applies advanced level of knowledge in conducting research using the appropriate methodology (quantitative, qualitative, text or business intelligence). Examples include: surveys, usability tests, focus groups, in-depth interviews, and ethnographical studies.
- Formulates findings into business recommendations and presents findings to various levels of leadership.
- Mentors and provides guidance to peers and team members; navigates through obstacles to resolve escalated issues of an unusual nature.
- Researches and identifies industry best practices and trends to increase effectiveness. Acquires, maintains and applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products and processes, and advanced knowledge of qualitative or quantitative research methodologies.
- Bachelors degree or 4+ years equivalent business experience in quantitative research or bank operations.
- 6+ years relevant business support and/or general analysis experience.
- Project management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Advanced knowledge of quantitative or qualitative research methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant research tools.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- Masters Degree in a social sciences/research related field (e.g., psychology, anthropology, human factors, economics, linguistics, or statistics).
- 8+ years relevant business support and/or general analysis experience.
- Expert knowledge of research methodologies.
- Bank industry operational experience (preferably real estate lending).
- Survey research experience including statistical analysis and/or regression analysis.
- Experience working with statistical software, preferably SAS.
- Social Media Research experience.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
USAA - 5 months ago
****Addison Financial Advisor Mix and Mingle Event****
USAA hiring managers are hosting an exclusive Meet and Mingle for financial...