Senior Research Associate will report to Principal Investigator Chris Blattman. This position is best suited to those considering a PhD in Economics, Political Science, or a related discipline.
The Senior Research Associate will assist in the development of data collection protocols, prepare requests for approval to relevant internal review boards (IRB), clean data collected from the field and help with data analysis, write project reports, and help other research assistant tasks as needed. Data analysis will comprise over 70% of work.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, or related fields.
- Knowledge of Stata (required)
- Strong statistical and mathematical background
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials preferred
- Experience living in a developing country preferred
1. To apply, please click here
2. Complete the J-PAL/IPA common application . Please select the position(s) you are interested in applying for on the 'Submit Application' page. Include two letters of recommendation, statement of purpose (cover letter), CV, and transcripts. We will consider your application even if you are unable to obtain reference letters before the deadline, but please be advised that we will be requiring them should you be invited for an interview.
Please do not include any text besides your name in the body of the e-mail. Adding extra text will interfere with the processing of your application.
IPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer .
All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the Senior Research Associate . The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com .