Seeking experienced Senior Research Coordinator to work with Pediatric Pulmonology Section/Pediatric Lung Transplantation. Coordinates, directs, and implements the more advanced and complex clinical and basic science research protocols. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of study volunteers and samples.
- Plans and organizes clinical research protocols as designated by sponsor protocol guidelines and basic science protocols as instructed by the principal investigator.
- Conducts testing procedures required by study protocol.
- Experience with tissue, BAL and blood sample processing.
- Assists with grant preparation and development.
- Maintains a clean and safe lab environment and compile with all laboratory guidelines, trainings and requirements.
- Performs general laboratory techniques.
- Enters study protocol information into the institutions research assurance system.
- Evaluates and analyzes research data.
- Documents results of study data and reports to principal investigators.
- Prepares documentation necessary to obtain initial and continued approval for the specific research protocol.
- Maintains subject records and participates in site monitoring visits.
- Communicates with research sponsors, IRB personnel, faculty and other research staff.
- Coordinates activities between different departments according to the research protocols.
- Recruits, screens and follows research patients.
Required: Bachelor's degree in a related field or four (4) years of directly related work experience in lieu of a degree.
Minimum Job Experience
Required: Five years of relevant experience in addition to any educational requirements.
- Maintains clear communication with team, sponsors, IRB office, regarding mutual expectations.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for correcting customer-service problems.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Requires experience with computer spreadsheets and database management.
- Requires ability to understand and implement study protocols.
- Requires interpersonal skills necessary to coordinate research studies.
Research - Clinical Trial
Baylor College of Medicine - 30+ days ago
Baylor College of Medicine is committed to being a national leader in advancing human health through the integration of patient care,...