Senior Research Executive
Over half of the population of the earth eats rice every day. RiceTec is the market leader in the development and delivery of high yield rice seeds which helps fulfill this global need. Technology is the backbone of how we conduct research, produce, distribute, sell, plant, manage and harvest rice.
RiceTecs Research and Technology organization is expanding to provide additional service, and to expand research activities globally. Along with innovative business models, we are focusing on extending and leveraging our research knowledge, expanding and enriching project capabilities, and enhancing collaboration with key organizations.
We are seeking experienced candidates who are comfortable working in a multi-tasking, matrix management, and agile environment who share our passion for quality, service, and delivery.
The Senior Research Executive will coordinate global research activities, and liaise between global & regional researchers.
Scope and Reporting
This position is directly responsible for the management of research information, global research support and liaison with regional and global research functions. The incumbent will also be involved in executing specific projects that investigate new traits and implement new technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
The executive will be responsible for coordinating collaborative research projects, involving senior level scientific resources, expanding and enhancing the organizations technology portfolio, while enhancing global and regional research efficiencies and synergies.
Experience, Competencies and Education
- Graduate degree in genetics, breeding, agronomy, or plant protection
- A minimum of 10 years cumulative experience in research with a PHD; or a MS degree and 15 years; or Bachelor in Science and 20 years and either production, marketing or agricultural financing experience.
- International experience (living experience)
- Multilingual (English and a second language)
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to influence non-reporting functions