Senior Research Investigator I (Fibrosis)(Job Number: 1204312)
- Support a translational fibrosis research strategy to support drug discovery in the following indications: IPF, diabetic kidney disease, liver fibrosis and cardiac fibrosis.
- Supervise scientists engaged in drug discovery in fibrosis, establish and utilize appropriate in vitro, cellular and ex vivo models of fibrosis, and develop novel approaches as appropriate.
- Collaborate closely with scientists in the relevant therapeutic areas to implement fibrosis drug discovery activities.
- Function as the biology leader for drug discovery program(s) in fibrosis depending on experience level.
- Participate in target reviews and target identification in the area of fibrosis.
- Support preclinical activities related to fibrosis clinical assets and participate in development teams as appropriate.
- Present scientific data to both internal and external audiences.
- Network with external scientists in academia to apply state-of-the-art scientific methods and knowledge to drug discovery.
- Mentor other scientists to promote scientific excellence and promote their career development.
Education Preferred: Ph.D. or M.D. Preferred: At least 5 years experience beyond post-doctoral training and pharmaceutical industry experience required.
- Knowledge and experience related to the biology of fibrotic processes across one or more tissue types, especially lung, kidney, liver, heart.
- Knowledge and experience related to the use of relevant in vivo, in vitro and ex vivo models to evaluate fibrosis in one or more organs.
- Established expertise related to fibrosis as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications.
- Knowledge and experience related to the drug discovery and development process
- Demonstrated success in working in matrixed, multidisciplinary drug discovery teams.
- Track record of effective leadership as a direct line manager
- Demonstrated excellence in both written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated commitment to scientific excellence and scientific rigor.
Job Function: Biology
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Hopewell
: R&D - Research
Bristol-Myers Squibb - 18 months ago
Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) may be a giant in transition, but its still a pharmaceutical giant. The company's blockbuster cardiovascular...