Major Duties & Functions
The Senior Research Scientist must be able to perform applied and fundamental research in one or more key areas of Cellular (3G/4G) and WLAN networking technologies. This position involves rapid proof-of-concept laboratory prototyping work. The Senior Research Scientist is expected to work in a team and under the direction of the research project manager. Job functions include research, development, presentations, and work directly with internal and external customers.
Qualifications You Must Have
Qualified applicants must have a Master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with a focus on methods and technologies for networking technologies. A Ph.D. is preferred. Additionally, applicants must have excellent knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- 3G/4G Wireless Technologies: CDMA/WCDMA, HSPA, LTE, WiMAX
- 3G/4G Core Network Architecture: GPRS, EPC/EPS, ASN/CSN
- WLAN Technologies: Ethernet, Bridges/Switches, Wi-Fi, AP Controller
- IP Networking and Routing Protocols: TCP/IP, IPv4/IPv6, OSPF
- IP and Network Access Security Protocols: IPSec, TLS, EAP, Diameter, UMTS AKA, PKMv2
- IP Mobility Management: Mobile IP (v4, v6) and its variants, GTP
- Ad hoc/Mesh Networking and Protocols: 802.11s, OLSR, AODV
- Key Management: PKI, X.509 certificates
- Programming Language: C, C±±, Java, Perl, Python
- Operating System: Linux, Windows
- Mobile Operating System and Application Development: Android
- Must be able to work independently or with a team to support applied and fundamental research.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills; must be detail-oriented with strong follow-up skills and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must have experience understanding, implementing, and modifying complex systems.
Plans and executes a high-quality research program in an important technical area which is aligned with business direction. Provides leadership on complex research and development projects requiring originality and ingenuity. Provides training and guidance to less experienced researchers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applied Communication Sciences is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other protected characteristic. Applied Communication Sciences is an E-Verify Employer. EEO/MF/DV/AA.
Applied Communication Sciences - 30+ days ago
Applied Communication Sciences delivers research, consulting, and technology solutions that drive market innovation across the most demandin...