NORC at the University of Chicago is always seeking qualified Senior Research Scientists in Chicago, Illinois and Bethesda, Maryland.
- The Senior Research Scientist will direct research projects and manage the activities of research assistants, analysts and other staff
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Developing structured interview protocols
- Contributing to questionnaire content and design
- Leading stakeholder interviews
- Designing research studies in collaboration with other staff
- Independently drafting and managing contract proposals and grant applications, communicating effectively with clients, consultants, and members of the research community, and gathering/assessing intelligence on upcoming research opportunities
- The position also requires monitoring and oversight of financial and administrative aspects of ongoing projects
- Bachelor's degree in social or behavioral sciences; Master's or Doctoral degree preferred
- Candidates should have experience with the design and execution of social science research and in publishing research results, with a strong career-appropriate record of peer-reviewed technical publications
- Training in an array of social science disciplines will be considered
- In addition to a substantive background in a relevant discipline, the ideal candidate will have substantial experience and knowledge of the basic principles of research design and data analyses as well as experience with estimating project and proposal costs
- The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills and aptitude in leading and working with project teams as well as coordinating on work conducted across the entire Department
To review the benefits associated with this position, click here .
NORC at the University of Chicago is an independent research organization headquartered in downtown Chicago with additional offices on The University of Chicago's campus and in Washington, D.C. and Bethesda, Maryland. NORC also supports a nationwide field staff as well as international research operations. With clients throughout the world, NORC collaborates with government agencies, foundations, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations and businesses to provide the data and analysis that supports informed decision making in key areas including health, education, economics, crime, justice, energy, security, and the environment. NORC’s 70 years of leadership and experience in data collection, analysis, and dissemination—coupled with deep subject matter expertise—provides the foundation for effective solutions.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.