Health Care Cost Institute (HCCI)
The Health Care Cost Institute (HCCI), in Washington, DC, is seeking a Senior Researcher to analyze and benchmark private sector health insurance claims using HCCI’s exclusive, multi-payer, longitudinal dataset with claims for over 50 million covered lives a year. The Senior Researcher will be responsible managing independent policy research projects, writing public reports and policy briefs, co-authoring academic articles, and contract research. The position reports to the Executive Director and requires a broad range of skills and experience including, but not limited to:
Further, preferred candidates will have experience with
- Graduate degree or terminal professional degree in a field related to health services research, economics, actuarial sciences, or public policy
- 5 years or more of post-graduate experience
- Strong quantitative skills, preferably training in econometrics, statistics, or actuarial modeling
- Knowledge of SAS and STATA and proficiency in developing and debugging code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to write about quantitative findings for non-quantitative audiences
- Experience authoring academic articles, client studies, proposals, grants, or government reports
- Desire to work in an exciting and demanding start-up environment
HCCI provides competitive salary and benefits including a 403B retirement scheme with employer contribution, health insurance, and other benefits. To apply, please send a resume, cover letter highlighting your qualifications, a relevant health policy writing sample, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please, no telephone calls.
- Health care claims or patient discharge data analysis as a health service researcher, economist, or actuary
- Producing policy briefs on health care costs and utilization
- Project management
For more information on HCCI, please visit www.healthcostinstitute.org .
(Posted March 5 - April 5, 2013)