The primary purpose of this position evaluating oil and gas reserves, both for regional analysis and specific field areas.
This is a senior level position and will perform the required tasks with minimal supervision.
- Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide type curve production analyses for all the major drilling areas as wells as potential drilling areas.
- Provide production, EUR, decline curve, and PUD location analyses.
- Provide historical and forecasted reserve information for purposes of budgeting and hedging.
- Evaluate oil and gas properties for potential acquisitions.
- Identify and troubleshoot internal production problems.
- Assist Director of Production with supervisory responsibilities when necessary.
- Provide internal evaluations of oil and gas assets for management planning purposes.
- Calculate both in-place and recoverable reserves of oil and gas.
- Any other job-related duty as deemed appropriate by management.
Qualifications & Work Environment:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of reservoir engineering, the OGRE program, word processing, spreadsheets, and database manipulation and management.
- Ability to plan and complete short and long-term projects accurately and in a timely manner. Ability to organize and communicate project results efficiently.
- Skill in the use of the Aries software, spreadsheets, word processors, and database programs to manipulate data across a wide array of digital formats
Education, Training, and Experience
- BS in Petroleum Engineering
- 8 - 12 years of experience preferred.
Work in this position is primarily based in an office where there is no exposure to extreme hot/cold temperatures which is well-lit and relatively free from dangerous working conditions.
Atlas Energy, L.P.is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any applicant in any manner prohibited by law or Atlas EEO Policy.
Atlas Energy, L.P. - 10 months ago