The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) is the nations's sixth largest transportation system with a vast
network of fixed route services including commuter rail, subway/elevated, trackless trolley, light rail, and bus serving a 2,200 square mile service region in Philadelphia, the surrounding counties of Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery as well as many parts of Delaware and New Jersey.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Resource Controller in our Procurement & Supply Chain Management Department. This highly motivated individual will be responsible for maintenance of material availability and service contract requirements within assigned area through the planning, forecasting, analyzing, development and execution of material requirements to support Operations. Required to regularly interface with Operation's management (end-users) in diligently meeting the needs of the Authority. Typically handles the most specialized procurement activities involving items never previously procured which require specialized industry knowledge.
The starting salary range for this position is $53K to $60K. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental and prescription plans and an employee transportation pass good on all SEPTA vehicles, including the Regional Rail Commuter trains.
1. Forecasts and establishes production schedules for the supply and delivery of material and equipment to support Operations.
2. Expedites material needed for locations and is responsible for establishing, monitoring and adjusting minimum and maximum levels of materials stored.
3. Prepares daily and weekly critical material shortage reports.
4. Coordinates all purchasing requisition preparation, supplier bid evaluations, material requirements, and the preparation of component bill of materials within assigned area.
5. Responsible for the expeditious procurement of all non-stock micro-procurements in strict compliance with the Authority's Procurement Manual. Assists with the purchasing of materials in coordination with other procurement personnel.
6. Determines whether items are either defective or worn once purchased. Assists departments with cost analyses, risk assessments, warranty determinations, and recommendations to discontinue utilization of parts, materials or vendors.
7. Acts in an advisory capacity to assist other departments in formulating specifications to assure compliance with procedures, advising as to possible changes to effect cost reductions.
8. Represents the section/unit for all procurement and resource control related matters as well as supervises personnel when required.
9. Interfaces with suppliers, evaluates bids and provides follow-up to ensure proper form and correct delivery date.
10. Issues reports on cost controls and projected material usage.
11. Assist the Supply Chain Management Section in accomplishing inventory management activities. May include dotted line reporting responsibilities when specifically designated.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree with three (3) years of resource control, procurement, purchasing, cost control and/or related transportation management experience.
- High School education plus eleven (11) years of resource control, procurement, purchasing, cost control and/or related transportation management experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered (one (1) year of post-high school education equates to two (2) years of experience).
- Proven ability to utilize computer software and mainframe capabilities.
- Outstanding customer service, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills required.
SEPTA: Ahead of the Pack
As the nation's sixth-largest public transportation system, SEPTA's buses, subways, commuter rail, trolleys and...