Plum Creek is one of the largest landowners in the United States, with roughly 6.3 million acres and offices in 19 states. We're a publicly traded company (NYSE: PCL), listed on the S&P 500 and headquartered in Seattle, Washington. We're also the first and largest publicly-held timber Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) and currently have an opening for a Senior Resource Forester in our Oconee District's Greensboro, GA office. Our team is a dynamic group that is driven and passionate about achieving Plum Creek's goals.
In this role, you will be joining a seasoned team of 9 forestry professionals who are part of Plum Creek's Piedmont operating unit responsible for managing over 780,000 acres in AL, GA , SC and Northwest FL. This position will focus on harvesting and marketing activities in the general area surrounding Greensboro, GA on approximately 125,000 acres.
As a Senior Resource Forester , your time will be spent doing a variety of tasks including:
You will ensure optimal value is realized from harvesting and marketing activities by accounting for customer needs, log quality and market values of different log grades, sizes and species. You will handle the planning, preparation and contract administration for all aspects of asset management. You will work closely with other Plum Creek business segments coordinating various activities across the asset base while ensuring all activities are compliant with pertinent regulations; as well as environmental and SFI principles. On occasion, you will have the opportunity to work with public and regulatory agencies.
- Directing the marketing, harvesting, merchandising, and hauling of the annual timber harvest in your assigned area.
- Administering harvesting, hauling, and road maintenance contracts.
- Preparing delivered harvest blocks and setting up stumpage sales.
- Ensuring compliance with environmental and SFI Principles.
- Assisting the silvicultural coordinator with fertilization, site prep, and reforestation activities.
- Updating GIS databases and spreadsheets.
- Interacting with the public, government agencies, and other industry professionals.
- Bachelor's degree in Forestry or a related field is required.
- 5+ years of experience is required, preferably in forestry including timber harvesting, managing logging contracts and log sale agreements. Silvicultural experience is a plus.
Employee Benefits ("Total Rewards")
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of both land management and general forestry operations with specific working knowledge of silviculture, timber harvesting, timber cruising, and log merchandising.
- Demonstrate strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to stay focused on responsibilities, even under challenging circumstances.
- Ability to work well with co-workers, contractors and agencies.
- Solid computer skills working with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Effective negotiating skills.
- Basic understanding of business principles.
- Working knowledge of GIS/GPS systems.
Plum Creek wants to attract and keep the best people - the team who drives our business success. That is why we offer superior performers opportunities for compensation that is in the top 25% for our marketplace. Your benefits package from Plum Creek consists of a comprehensive range of benefits including Health care coverage, Health and Dependent Daycare Accounts, Life and Disability protection, Saving and Retirement benefits, Vacation and Holiday Pay, and more.
Plum Creek has a collaborative, execution-oriented culture focused on results delivery. Plum Creek values strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills in addition to strong technical skills. We look for motivated people interested in identifying and championing new ideas and solutions that add value. We strive to have a good balance between career and personal life. Plum Creek's size and diversity creates interesting and unique career opportunities for our team.
Relocation Assistance may be available.
Salary: $57,100 - $75,700 and bonus potential up to 22%.
Plum Creek is an equal opportunity employer.
Plum Creek - 16 months ago
Plum Creek is one of the largest private landowners in the United States, with more than 6 million acres from coast-to-coast. We are...