BSW- BENEFIT Plans Plus, LLC an equal opportunity employer
Sr. Retirement Plans Specialists
Benefit Plans Plus
Provide annual plan administration services and technical compliance support to employers who sponsor qualified retirement plans, within performance standards and service objectives. Including in-depth understanding of the complexities of all facets of administering qualified retirement plans.
Essential Job Functions
- 5-10+ years experience in annual administration of qualified DC/401(k) plans including thorough understanding and ability to interpret complex plan documents and code provisions.
- Hands-on non-discrimination compliance testing and government filing experience
- Excellent analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of accounting and investment principles
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communications, organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, under pressure, meet deadlines, handle large volume of diverse work
- High level of PC skills; working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing applications, vendor systems and record keeping systems.
- Willingness to learn and coachable
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to cross function in the organization
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Active in professional organizations
- Project Management
- Time Management
- In-charge training
- Soft skills training
- Draft statements and reports that require minimal revision
- Draft audit/project plans
- Manage own budget to actual hours
- Ability to run multiple small field engagements
- Active in professional organizations
- Independently manage caseload (60 – 100+ plans) of 403b, Profit Sharing and/or 401(k) plans including: interpreting/preparing plan documents, preparing reconciliation of plan investments to the plan valuation report, calculating contributions for corporate and self-employed business entities, maintaining on-going client relationships via face to face and telephone contact, preparing and analyzing compliance testing results, prepare and analyze government filing requirements, interacting with external clients/advisors/vendors and BSW family.
- Willingness to travel to all BPP locations to administer plans or deliver reports to clients
- Assist with the installation of new client’s retirement plans as needed
- Assist with projects on as needed basis and participate in Rapid Improvement Projects.
- Cross-selling and marketing services
- Continue education through seminars and industry certifications, etc.
- Working knowledge of Datair Record Keeping System
- Working knowledge of FT Williams
- Plan Design Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Financial discipline or equivalent experience
- Industry certification
- Experience in Employee Communications
- Sales and Marketing experience
- Product development expertise
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here represent those demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Brown Smith Wallace - 16 months ago
Brown Smith Wallace is a full-service CPA and business consulting firm that makes A Measurable Differencefor you, our clients.