This position reports directly to and supports the Vice President for Risk Management, Electrolux North America in all risk functions of the department. Specifically, the Sr. Risk Analyst is responsible for the overall management of the Electrolux NA insurance, self-insurance, and captive insurance programs, including establishing standards and specifications for Electrolux NA’s insurance coverage’s and overseeing the solicitation of proposals for required coverage. This role will direct the self-insured programs; obtain the necessary certificates, bond and permits required by State and local laws. The Sr. Risk Analyst will develop and recommend programs, policies, and procedures concerning risk management and loss prevention, and upon approval, coordinates, implements and administers these programs and policies and audits results to assure objectives are attained.
Key operational responsibilities
- Manage the operation and continued integrity of department’s RMIS system including extensive self-administered claims database. Supervise Marsh and its Stars system and coordinate data entry from multiple sources. Prepare various reports from databases in support of departmental and operational requirements.
- Support the captive insurance company operations through monthly audit of claim and accounting data. Assist in analysis of underwriting information for captive and commercial markets as well as local and global coverage.
- Perform reviews of insurance and indemnity contract provisions.
- Supervise Broker issuance of Certificates of Insurance and Updates of Memorandum of Insurance.
- Oversee placement of various local insurance coverage (Fiduciary Liability, Aircraft Hull and Liability, etc.) Coordinate placement of local Mexican property and casualty insurances.
- Coordinate surety and customs bond placements. Oversee issuance of insurance certificates.
- Develops insurance RFP with brokers, as needed
- Manage North American property loss prevention program and coordinate with consultants, facility engineers and Global RM. Coordinate services of external loss control engineers and completion of engineering recommendations. Updates property insurance values annually.
- Reviews and determines all casualty and property risks of loss to which Electrolux NA’s assets are or may become exposed, and analyzes such risks to determine how they can be eliminated, controlled, minimized, assumed or insured.
- Perform model searches of product liability claims experience to support product liability claims management and Legal Department requirements
- Develops and recommends to Senior Management, policy on risk management and upon approval, communicates, implements, administers, and reviews the effectiveness of the programs.
- Conducts periodic surveys and studies on trends in the insurance industry, and recommends changes and improvements in the program from both a cost and protection standpoint.
Vice President of Risk Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Advanced degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance or Accounting required; Masters Degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years experience in risk management, corporate insurance and/or insurance broker required.
- Self motivated decision maker, who can inspire and motivate others with strong and pragmatic problem solving skills, sharp intellectual capacity.
- Professional training or certification (such as ARM or CPCU) preferred.
Electrolux Home Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
- Complete command of principles and practices of risk management and insurance program development and administration
- Excellent collaboration, negotiation, persuasion, and diplomacy skills to work closely with internal and external clients as well as vendors and a team player
- Unquestionable business ethics and integrity
- Motivation Skills - History of achieving aggressive organizational goals and objectives, conveying sense of urgency while moving beyond challenges and obstacles.
- Thinking and Administrative Skills - Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze trends and suggest solutions to challenges. Proven project management skills.
- Achieve Successful Results – Takes the initiative to get things done.
- Demonstrates Adaptability – Works effectively in the faces of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations and shifting priorities.
- Innovates – Challenges the status quo thinking to generate new ideas; takes open minded approach to situations.
- Communication Skills - Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to foster open communications, listen effectively and build strong partnership networks.
- Technological Competence - Knowledge of risk management technology and the ability to leverage such tools to improve the organization’s decision making criteria.
Electrolux - 12 months ago